Patreon and Q23 switching away from vBulletin

Discord is hosted, with no option to run your own servers. It’s one of the main reasons I have no interest in their service.

Discord is a quite sweet app.

Basically any channel you create acts just like a server. You can set a password and permissions and then create any amount of voice or text channels within that and not have to worry about how many people will be able to join as it can hold a shitload.

Unless I was in the habit of disclosing weirdly personal or outright illegal information/activities I have no idea how me calling out a target to focus on in Heroes of the Storm would ever be a privacy concern for me. But to each their own.

Discord was my very first nick ever. On Quantum Link in 1985. I was reading the Illuminatus! Trilogy at the time. So I was first. I may sue.

There’s a very strong possibility that your use of the name predates the birth of any of the Discord devs.

Please do it, force them to pick any other random name that don’t start with Dis*

Also the modern alternative to IRC is shitposting. All the bad of chat and forums, and nothing of the good.

I just read Tom’s stickied post, and I have a question. He advises us to verify that our email addresses are current. How do I check what email address is associated with my current vBulletin account? I went into my profile and didn’t see an email address. I searched on “email” in this thread but didn’t find an answer. Sorry to be a bother, but I love this forum and don’t want to lose access. Thanks!

Go into settings not your profile. You should see the email and password on the left frame under My Account.

Double Post

Triple Post (Good Grief; to quote Charlie Brown)

Ah, thanks! It seems to be there. At least, I see my correct email address under “edit new email address (optional).”

Glad you found it!

Ha ha! I just noticed your location under your name! Very funny!

Vulcan? Funny? Does not compute…

It’s gallows humor. Everyone knows Vulcan was destroyed in the last Star Trek movie. He can’t be living there.

So – the transition is coming up soon. Everybody have their email addresses properly established here on the old Qt3?

Maybe there should be a message on the front page about it as well, or has there already been one I haven’t seen?

Oh yeah a message on the front page is a very good idea!

I keep thinking “Hey, we should just email everyone about the move and tell them to update their email address” and then immediately realising how stupid of an idea that is.

It’s okay. You now qualify to be a Blackberry CEO.

Just an additional reminder - many of us had this mail end up in our junk folders, so check there.