Patreon and Q23 switching away from vBulletin

One step closer to God Emperor of the Penbladian Utopia! Huzzah!

That’s so much better.

If you’re going to be silly with the Patreon logo, then add another line, move the circle up a bit, and then you have a TIE fighter.

That’s ridiculous. Who’d want a TIE fighter in their avatar?

…ahem…

Monday-induced brain fart on my part, sorry about that!

Hmm, let’s see how it looks with mine.
EDIT: Kinda crappy tbh. I vote for below the avatar.

I’ve never been more pleased that my Patreon email is different from my forum email…

I hate the new pateron logo… but that said, for a gaming site, it looks like it is someone playing PING PONG, and that I can stand behind.

Had to try something out…

Hey, my Drank tea angrily subtext is gone. :( It describes me so well, too!

Brian’s special text is also gone I notice.

That’s bizarre, because Brubin isn’t linked to Patreon!

PM me your titles with the exact spelling and whatnot and I’ll restore them for you.

(This offer is limited to people that already had titles and somehow lost them.)

Oh poops, I miss my spaceshipsspaceshipsspaceships!

Well… while you’re replacing them. :)

I took the titles out on purpose. I’ll explain what we’re doing later.

-Tom

Ahh OK! Assumed the missing ones were a bug with the patreon implementation.

Per the poll the eyeball is winning (at time of writing, 51 voters, 27% of the vote), so I changed the patron group flair to that.

I also moved it down a bit on the avatar via the Patreon Button CSS @stusser so it aligns better, and the “tail” is below the avatar.

Looks good! Barring any complaints, I’m inclined to say we should stick with that. What does everyone think?

-Tom

Of course it looks good… to you! We basically overlaid your avatar on everyone else’s avatar, you 👁️ diva!

holy cow - whats going on here? I’m away on vacation and once again everything changes? Please tell me there is an option to turn off the cult membership logo somewhere?

I don’t like the eye, or any of the other options really. I am sure this has already been discussed to death, but I would do the following in order of preference:

1. Have patreon people be able to set up their own custom text and remove everything else.
  2. Leave the “Patron!” text and remove the little corner logo.
  3. Change the colour of people’s usernames to Patreon red and remove everything else.
  4. Have “This is a Patreon contributor’s post, please pay him or her due respect” be displayed in big bold letters before every post.