Patreon and Q23 switching away from vBulletin

I used the first method but I must have moved the end tag up inadvertently. Fixed now.

Nice to see you aren’t being a dick about it, eh? I guess you forgot the emoticon and the “tone” this time around.

Dude, you’re hardly the only one around here that puts on their grumpypants whenever something changes. It wasn’t a personal shot at you, just general teasing of all the grumpy bastards on the forum (and I enjoy you all, otherwise I wouldn’t be here. Well, except for @BrianRubin, that guy is such a dick!).

@BrianRubin hates puppies. When he strolls by puppy dogs and they look up at him with their liquid brown eyes, so trusting, full of unconditional love, he growls at them then laughs when they yelp and shy away. True story.

Brian wears a live rattlesnake as a condom. And I once saw him scissor kick Angela Lansbury.

I once saw him scissor Angela Lansbury.

And I’ll never be the same.

Rule 34 is broken!?!!!

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1119&bih=838&q=angela+lansbury+scissoring&oq=angela+lansbury+scissoring

I really wanted my eyes to see that, too. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, C-beams glittering in the dark near the tannhauser gate, and Angela Lansbury scissoring with a man.

There’s a risky click if I ever saw one.

LOL yeah, I’m not touching that with someone else’s ten foot pole.

Sir! I think what you do with my pole is entirely @Adam_B’s business!

Hehehehehehhhehe pole hehehehehe

Cocks dicks destroy the capitalist regime lol

There if you guys can just mentally copy-paste that every, I dunno, every five replies or so in every thread, I could save a lot of time I waste hanging out here :-)

RE: missing user profiles

From what I can tell, /u/[user] returns “does not exist or is private” for accounts that have been closed, but also for accounts that were inactive (?) at the time of the Discourse transition, e.g. @jerri_blank and @Mink_Staccato, may they rest in peace.

Hey, how can I get Discourse to do X?

Both of those links actually work for me. Maybe they’re hidden from non-admin users.

Yeah, “Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.”

This is almost certainly what is happening then. I can’t even click on the names.

I had to right-click and open in a new tab to see where the links lead.

They aren’t listed as active users, that must be why you can’t see their profiles. But anyway, yes they were migrated.