Patreon and Q23 switching away from vBulletin

Brian wears a live rattlesnake as a condom. And I once saw him scissor kick Angela Lansbury.

I once saw him scissor Angela Lansbury.

And I’ll never be the same.

Rule 34 is broken!?!!!

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1119&bih=838&q=angela+lansbury+scissoring&oq=angela+lansbury+scissoring

I really wanted my eyes to see that, too. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, C-beams glittering in the dark near the tannhauser gate, and Angela Lansbury scissoring with a man.

There’s a risky click if I ever saw one.

LOL yeah, I’m not touching that with someone else’s ten foot pole.

Sir! I think what you do with my pole is entirely @inactive_user’s business!

Hehehehehehhhehe pole hehehehehe

Cocks dicks destroy the capitalist regime lol

There if you guys can just mentally copy-paste that every, I dunno, every five replies or so in every thread, I could save a lot of time I waste hanging out here :-)

RE: missing user profiles

From what I can tell, /u/[user] returns “does not exist or is private” for accounts that have been closed, but also for accounts that were inactive (?) at the time of the Discourse transition, e.g. @jerri_blank and @Mink_Staccato, may they rest in peace.

Both of those links actually work for me. Maybe they’re hidden from non-admin users.

Yeah, “Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.”

This is almost certainly what is happening then. I can’t even click on the names.

I had to right-click and open in a new tab to see where the links lead.

They aren’t listed as active users, that must be why you can’t see their profiles. But anyway, yes they were migrated.

If i recall, at the time of migration, we were informed that accounts would need to be “activated” on the new forums by clicking through an email or something similar, esp. for accounts that had some other issue. I forget the exact details, but I’m sure @wumpus could provide more.

Anyway, point is, if your account pointed to a dead email, or if you just ignored it and never tried to login at all, it never fully became live on the new system. Posts were preserved, but you never gain a full profile or whatever, I guess.

What would it take to make profiles of inactive accounts viewable by ordinary users? Easily doable?

Beats me, bruh.

At least 8 posters there come up as 404 when clicking into profile. I’ve come across tens more just browsing threads that get bumped up or whatever. I recognise some as being banned, but not all or even the majority.

reasing these old post has to feel like tomb raiding :-)