Patreon and Q23 switching away from vBulletin

See, this is why I don’t have any tattoos. I just know that within ten minutes of getting one I’d start to hate it.

How about “Not the king of South Carolina”

You can always change it done the road, it is not forever.

Well sure, once he’s crowned it would be inaccurate.

You go girl

I’m happy to change these if you guys don’t like the look of them or if something comes up and you want it changed. Seriously, it’s trivially easy if you send me a PM for me to click your name, click admin, fill in the title box, and save. There, done. Thanks, Discourse!

-Tom

:D

Tom took your suggestion!

Can someone (or everyone) explain why the minimum character limit is five instead of let’s say, three? There are many three letter words. Why is a five letter word the cut-off?

RichVR, can I have your stuff after you mysteriously disappear?

Well of course you

y̵ͭͭ̎̃́̋͞͞͏̦̟͎͇͉͔͖̝̭͇̭̺͇͎oͤͦ͋ͧ̊͑ͭͯͯ̏̀ͮ̀҉͉̟̣͎͓̥̣̹̯͉̮͙͉͓ų̛̳̫̩̫̠̭̞̮̮̦̌̐͂ͮ̓ͯͨ̇͒̃̾͐ͫ͌͆ͣ͋́̀ ̿̃̋̑̓̓̔̈́ͨ̄̓͏̞̭̭͙͓̼͇̦͎͢ã̆̎̅ͦ̕͏͎͕̼͓̣̬̲͖̻̟̘̫͉̣̠̼̮r̴̸̹̖̰̤͙͍͓̟͙̼̗͇̪̣͇̱̹̓̇̔͒ͪ͒͆̈ͫ̔̇̆͊ͪ͟͟ḙ̦̭͓̙͕̠̣̼̹͖̮̹̠̘͙͐̽ͧ̇͝͡͡ ̶̵̧̒ͨ̃̓̋͌́̏̅ͤ̅̏ͥͧͬ̐̈́҉̸͓̱͓̯̖̟̠̱ṋ͈̹̫̻͓͖̤̻̟̲͎̾̓̿̎͐̒̍̃ͤͫ͟͠ͅö̘̬̤͔̺̯͇̳͈̣̱͐ͮ́͆̓̏͌͆̈́̌̆́ͬͣ́̕͢t̉́͛̃̉̉ͪ̅͊̆̂̑ͨ̌̽̃͏̳͎̗͙̪͢͢ͅ ̷̴͙̯͉͚̹̲̬̋̓̊͒ͣ̊̿ͨͬͤ̊ͨ̚͘a̴̛̯̻̞͉̞͔̻̰̞̤̲̟͉̪͇̟̟͚͋̌ͧ̽̍̀͜͞l̶̢̻͙͔͇̞̘̞̉̒ͩͮͦ̌͌͋̋̔̽̎̒ͧ̏͑ī̷͍͕͕̹̹̮̪̙̀̀̍̚̚͘ṿ̧͉̤̟̫̏̂̆͗̒̊̽ͨ̆̂̚͢ḛ̢͎̞͉͕̤͍̲̹̩̭͊̄ͯ̂͞ͅ.͂ͫ͗̾ͧ͏̵̡̠͈̲͎̱̤̙̩̼̠̦̰̭̩̬̪̫͚́͜ ̵̩̠̠̭͚̳͈̝̜̦̣̱̗̹̦ͨ͂͆ͥ̒̽͐͊̐̅ͬ͋̋ͮ̎ͮ͑̎́́Y̛̘̥̞̻̗̮̣̞͕̩̓͋̿ͥ̕͝ͅo̵̡͉̬̪̬̟ͯ͌͐̋̿͋͆̅́̀͘͞ū̱̰͕͖̮͚̪̤̤̆̓̋̈́̍͑̿́ͯ̽̊ͧͨͣ̏̀́͟͝ ̢̩̮̦̞̳̠̜͍̺͗̋͊͛ͣ̈́͆ͅa̸̻̯̹͈͑ͩͨ͒̈ͤ̌ͯ̈͌̄r͊͐̓̊̊̆̒ͨͫ̌̅ͧ҉̩̮̟͚̱̱̠̯͇̮̭̲̗͔͟͟eͥ͑̿̾̍̂̒̏ͤ̔̇͌ͥ͟͏̷̷͍͓͔͈̭̬̣̝ͅ ̷̦̣̱͖̥̦͔̤̜ͣ̍͗͆͌̋̽̽͊̒ͅdͯ͒͆̏̃ͮͫ̃̑̓̊ͮͮͣ̋̆̐̐҉̮͈̫̣̮̙̺̤̰͈̻̗̫̬͈̩͕͇ͅe̡̢̻̖̲̰ͩ̈ͩ̎ͤ͛ͨ̐̂̎̊͜ä́ͦ͊͛ͨ̎̈̅̽ͫ̋̔̏̃͘҉̜͔̫̪̘͉̼̟̼̭̹̝̘͇d͂ͫͩ̈͆̓͌̓̑ͨ҉̹̦̫̹̭͚̞̼́͟͟͟.̦̗̰͖̳̪̠̯̲͕̟̗̞̭͇̣̳̹̊͆͗̿͑͊̌͗ͧͯ͛̎̄́̚̚͘͡ ̷̛̛̩̜̫̦̮̗͙̤͍̙͔̰̔̃̇̐ͦ̔͌͗͋̊̽̇̃̓͌͗͗́̚͝B̸̢̡͙̗̯͔̟̫̦̙̞̮͖̬̍̃͂̌͝͝e̷̺͔͇̺͚͇͕̠͎̮̞̫͕͖̥͖͋ͦ̊ͩ͘͞͝ ͭ͂͗͛̂́͒͆̆ͩͦ͗̉͒̊͛͏̼̻̬̘̻̭̣͘g̷̸̶̠͔̱̤̠̟̗̲͔̦͎̲̞̲̍ͫ͗̎̎̆̈͊ͧ̚ȍ̋ͧͣ͏̵͉̥̳͔͍͎̹̹̞̞̳̼̣͖̬̮̟̻͜ņ̸̻̣͓̺̬̺̹̯̪͈̯̝̪̫̮̩̦̾̍̈́͂̀̍͌̐̋ͨ͌̎̍̕͡e̵̷̛̲͉̪͇̭̬̐̔̂́͂͢͜ͅ ͖̖̜̲̱̻̩̫̋ͯ̿̒̈́ͫ͛́͊͘f̨̨̧̡̟̗̤͔̮̖̙̩͈̰̣̪̙̪͈̯͇̥̑̉ͭ͋̏ͨ̐ͥͩͨͣ͌̐̅̆̌r̶̨͙̗̫̮͈̖͙̤͖̲͙̖͖̊͂ͯ̏͋̐ͩ̃̒̈́̾̐̊́͡͞o̯̙̱̖̤̜̞̞͖̞̳̠̝̣̫̐͆̆̓̾̕͞ͅͅm̵͖͍̼̝̾͛̃̉ͫ́̽͂̂̉̌́̚ ̸̸ͧ͆̾̀̈̓͒́ͩ́ͮ͋̄͠͏̼̳̩̭͚͖͍̩̲̹̭̣̮̝̞͈ͅͅḩ̨̲̲̤̳̮̪̙͙̑̅̆̍̓̐̀͋̚͟͡e̴̴̗͔̱̣̖̣̳̟̥̖͍ͨ͒̍͛ͫ̾̀ͅr̨̛̠̖͙̻͐̏͛ͭ̊̎̐̊ͣ̕͟e̡̧̠̜͕̹͓̜̞̣͎̔ͭͦͬ̅̇̋̀ͦ.̢̲̖̮̮̓ͣ͂̓͐ͧͬͧͮ̀́͘͟ ̴̨̧̺̳͇̘̪̖̮͗͐ͦ̄ͧ̾ͨ́ͪ͊̿͝

lol what is that

Hah, look at this loser everyone! He can’t even read demonotext!

Those guys who said everything would be fucked when we switched to Discourse… they ere right. I’m so sorry for not listening.

They/we called it right back there on page. . . oh. Oh :(

We said they were overreacting when they told us that infinite scroll would cause permanent, irreversible psychological damage.

And here we are.

Clearly this is a feature not a bug.

http://www.eeemo.net/

Zalgo.

Question: is there some notification option that puts the number on your avatar in the upper right corner, but doesn’t send emails (which always arrive way too late anyway compared to how long they took with vBulletin)? If not, there should be.

Oh yessssss!

Under Account>Preferences>Emails, you can click off “Send me an email when someone quotes me” etc, and also separately turn off “Send me an email when someone messages me”.

Thanks for the reply. So if I’m understanding correctly, the trick is to set threads you’re interested in to “watching” then do as you indicate to stop the emails. That way you still get the avatar notification without the emails? Would that also stop the general thread reply email notification and not just the ones from quoting/messaging?