Patreon, State of Decay, and Quarter to Three

Sorry for the plug, but I’m giving away three copies of State of Decay 2 to my Patreon supporters, so for as little as a measly dollar, you could win a copy of the game. Right now, there are only 39 folks putting their names in the hat, so the odds are good. Let’s see, by my math, that means each person has about a 37% chance of winning. I’ll draw three names at midnight tonight and send the winners their codes.

I hope you guys don’t mind the occasional nag toward Patreon. I know a lot of you are supporters, but it’s pretty much the only way I monetize this site, so if you enjoy reading/using it, please consider supporting it.

I’m also giving away a copy of State of Decay 2 during my livestream tomorrow at 6pm. The giveaway will be at about 6:15, so you don’t even have to stay long, and you don’t even have to be a Patreon supporter. Just show up, holler over Twitch or YouTube at the appropriate moment to get your name put in the hat, and I’ll draw a winner.

-Tom

I don’t want to put my name in the hat because I’m planning to play through Game Pass and don’t need a copy but I’d still like to play the game in your email.

My favorite zombie movie is, was and likely will always be the original Night of the Living Dead. It still creeps me out and I’m still impressed with what Romero and his crew was able to accomplish with his guerilla filmmaking style. Very rewatchable fifty years on, I still pop in my disc from time to time.

I’ve already got the game, but good luck to everyone that entered!

This is a family forum.

6:15 Pacific time, 8:15 Central time, 9:15 Eastern time.

Hmm, patreon.com/tomchick says 289 patrons

Yeah, but you have to actually post (and meet the listed criteria with your post) to be eligible.

Oh, I see.

Also that’s a different key than the three for Patreon supporters.

I’m not sure how it looks when you link to posts set for supporters only, but this is where you can see how many people have put their names in:

EDIT: Ah, well, that’s kind of obnoxious. SOOPER SEKRIT CLUB MEMBERS 0NLY!1! But you might still be able to see the comments? We’re up to 50 names, so by my math, giving away 3 copies to a pool of 50 names is 3 x 50, which equals 150 and therefore a 150% chance for any given person to win. Those are pretty good odds!

-Tom

Already bought. But thanks Tom Chick, you rock, except when you show off this weird gamer chubby about dark nights in games.

I do not even want to know what a gamer chubby is.

Well, you can never go back after that game, uh, where nights were really dark and scary and, uh, what was that called? I think it was foreign? There was, like, a big ogre and goblins in the forest and the online support did this weird thing where we could borrow each other’s characters? I think it was called Fantasy Kingdom or Lords of the Fantasy Realm or maybe Dragon Era: Radiant or something.

Actually, I could just appeal to the flight simmer in you. I know you remember all those IFR flights.

-Tom

I signed up and Tom promised me four things that are cool but that appears to have been a bluff.

There’s a video! Can you not see it? If so, let me know. That’s supposed to be the new supporter welcome video!

-Tom

Same here. I didn’t see the video.

Don’t want or need the game. But Tom roxxors anyway.