Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2: Observe and Report

Just watched it. A fantastic, very dark film. Taxi Driver meets Punch Drunk Love, I suppose. Definitely one of the best of the year.

I have no idea how the fuck it got made. Too lowbrow for the awards, and way too strange for the mainstream crowd. Ah well, this is a better film than most of those Oscar bred shit films.

Yeah great movie - I loved the end montage with the cover of “Where is my Mind?”

I did end up watching this and enjoyed it considerably. However, it was a little too mean-spirited in a couple parts. I’d stop short of the Taxi Driver comparisons; it didn’t evoke the same moods for me at all.

You mean better done, as in more like that scene? Or that scene was one of the things that could be better done? The “Fuck you” duel was perfect. Also:

"Why the fuck would I blow up Chick-fi-la? It’s fucking delicious."

I tried to watch this today, and ended up getting up and doing something else. I just can’t get over how much I dislike Seth Rogen, I guess.

I think it would have been a better movie if they had switched around Rogen and Patton Oswalt.

The one scene with Aziz Ansari was the funniest thing in the movie, any movie can be made funnier with his presence.

I saw this yesterday, and I found Rogan’s character completely believable, mostly because I know a guy just like him.

However, one issue bothered me. Rogan’s character got “the nice girl” at the end of the movie. I could not figure out why that happened, since it didn’t seem to follow the rest of the movie. Here are my theories:

1. Rogan’s character was becoming less delusional and realized that things within his grasp were better than those that he would never reach.

2. The film makers copped out at the last minute for happy ending so it sell to marketing people.

3. The whole ending sequence was a complete death-bed fantasy, as Rogan’s character actually died during the beating by the cops in the mall.

Seth Rogen would totally irritate me if I hadn’t seen Freaks and Geeks before any of his films. If you haven’t given that show a try, you really ought to; it’s near-perfect.