Paul Rudd^2 = Living With Yourself (Netflix)

I am sure that most of you agree with me that the only thing better than Paul Rudd is two Paul Rudds, but this trailer veers weirdly between comedy and thriller, so I’m not sure what to make of this.

Coming to Netflix.

That looks really interesting, actually. And I do like me some Rudd.

Completely 100% totally in.

Outstanding. Can’t wait.

Looks weird and bad so hopefully it will be good, I like Rudd

This is live now on Netflix.

Thanks, and awesome!

I watched this, and overall it was good. Not great, but good.

There were some great scenes that were actually funny, but the rest was just interesting. I found it similar to Last Man on Earth where it’s more the premise than anything. Though this was less funny on average than that show.

But one thing really kept bothering me, and maybe it’s the SJW in me or something, but:

Old Paul Rudd was clearly going through something emotionally. Maybe it was depression, maybe worse, and the show’s answer was to go get cloned and fix his DNA. I wish they’d had at least made reference to him maybe getting some emotional help from someone like a therapist. The world has such a big problem with depression and other emotional issues and maybe media’s portrayal of it, and willful ignorance/denial is part of it.

I do wonder if there will be a second season, because they didn’t really address the elephant in the room -

How do you deal with two people who have the exact same everything in the world? They both have the same social security number, for example. I suppose that’s too practical for a show that’s supposed to be light and breezy, but it’s what I think about.

I just watched the first episode and that last scene had me in stitches.

“Organ harvesting: no. Cloning, murder: yes.”