PC annoucements / unveilings at E3

We should have a running thread of annoucements for the pc at E3. I know there were a bunch last night but I’ve blanked out most of them…

Gears of War
Viva Pinata
Thrillville: Off the Rails
Spider-man Friend or Foe (which looks kind of stupid but I’ve heard that is suppose to be the good Spider-man game from Activision)
Trainz Railwayz
Flightsim X: Acceleration
Spielberg’s Untitled PC Game
Mirror’s Edge
Bee the Movie game. (:P)
Stranglehold (not sure that was annouced for the pc before)

I’m kind of shocked that Gears is going to work on XP. I can’t help but wonder if that was something Epic pushed for (and won).

I could imagine that Epic really fought for that, but it also might be the case that Microsoft came to realize that their old approach simply sucked. Binding the Live service to Vista certainly would not have helped get their foot into the door, it probably wouldn’t have helped Vista either. (Because a matchmaking service with next to nil support and the requirement to pay for features others offer for free, isn’t exactly a selling point.)

-Julian

Stranglehold was announced already.
Gears was rumored for quite some time.
So far “Viva Pinata” is the biggest surprise to me and not an unpleasant.

Also that Windows Live is working with XP is a pleasant surprise!

Sierra’s live games Commanders: Attack! and Battlestar Galactica are coming to the pc as well.

New standalone F.E.A.R. addon this fall announced by Sierra:
“F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate”.
Developer was not announced yet.

The player assumes the role of another special forces team member and the story unfolds at the same time then the story of the original game.
No mentioning if the game stories will overlap or not.

Game is supposed to come with “Extraction Point” as “Fear Files” bundle on the Xbox 360 as well.

Another announcement I didn’t see yet anywhere else:

“Zoo Tycoon 2: Extinct Animals”
-> revive dinosaurs and shit

Why the hell did I upgrade my PC?

I think the list so far is good but it leans heavy on the genres I love such as simulations and sandbox games. Plus there is all the already annouced stuff like Bioshock. Also isn’t Assassin’s Creed coming to the pc as well?

I think this illustrates a potential problem with the “new” E3. A game like STALKER wouldn’t be shown, and there would be no buzz.

Sure it would. Lets wait and see what happens after big hardware gets done with their shows. I think we will see a few more annoucements.

Yeah but most of it is not only coming to 360 but the 360 seems to be the lead development platform. MS should be focusing on highlighting unique PC content. Where was Crysis- arguably the most important PC game on the horizon and it was a no-show? It was at MS’s conference last year. I wonder if it’s an indication that it won’t ship this year (which wouldn’t surprise me at all).

Wasn’t Crysis in the list of stuff Peter Moore showed and promised would be shipping this year?

I could be wrong, but I recall seeing a few shots from Crysis and the only thing that got special non-2007 dispensation was Resident Evil 5: Ashley Goes To Africa.

-Tom

Yeah, Moore specifically said “This is the only game that won’t be out in 2007” when he showed RE5.

Hmm, might have been. I just expected a demo or a video or something.

I could be wrong, but I recall seeing a few shots from Crysis and the only thing that got special non-2007 dispensation was Resident Evil 5: Ashley Goes To Africa.

Which was kind of a weird decision- it’s not 360 exclusive so why does RE5 get an exception? I wonder if Japanese support isn’t as strong as they were hinting if the game they decide to break their rule with isn’t even exclusive.

I believe Case is correct, as a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R title has just been announced, but the announcement was not made at E3.

This just in: The PC is D0MeD!!??!?!!!

Again!

Is it seriously spelled like that?

While I’m not with you on the quality of that list (the only game there that sounds like it even might be interesting to me is “Mirror’s Edge”), I’ll agree that there’s a lot of stuff coming out that’s more promising, to include Assassin’s Creed as far as I know:

-Bioshock
-Alan Wake
-Gray Matter (I can’t be the only one excited by Jane Jensen returning to gaming, can I?)
-A new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game or expansion (still not clear on which)
-Splinter Cell: Conviction (Maybe. That teaser trailer was …different)
-Crysis
-The Witcher

That’s a partial list of what I’m personally looking to see news on or waiting to pick up when they’re released.

Where was Crysis- arguably the most important PC game on the horizon and it was a no-show?

I believe it’s not a million miles away from going into closed Beta and is one I’m looking forward to.

Otherwise, meh? Not exactly a drool inducing line up.

Trainz Railwayz

This could be the spiritual sequel to RRT for all I know, but I’m not buying anything that substitues z for s.