PC annoucements / unveilings at E3

I copied and pasted from the press release.

Anyways, here is Microsofts full list of GFWs from their press release

• “Age of Empires® III: The Asian Dynasties” (Microsoft Game Studios)
• “Bee Movie™ Game” (Activison)
• “BlackSite: Area 51” (Midway Games)
• “Clive Barker’s Jericho™” (Codemasters)
• “The Club” (SEGA)
• “Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts” (THQ)
• “Empire Earth® 3” (Sierra Entertainment)
• “Fallout® 3” (Bethesda Softworks®)
• “Flight Simulator X: Acceleration” (Microsoft Game Studios)
• “Gears of War” (Microsoft Game Studios)
• “Hour of Victory” (Midway Games)
• “John Woo Presents Stranglehold” (Midway Games)
• “Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights” (THQ)
• “Kane & Lynch: Dead Men” (Eidos)
• “Nancy Drew®: Legend of Crystal Skull” (Her Interactive Inc.)
• “Operation Flashpoint™ 2” (Codemasters)
• “Rise of the Argonauts” (Codemasters)
• “Rogue Warrior” (Bethesda Softworks)
• “SEGA Rally Revo” (SEGA)
• “Sid Meier’s Civilization IV®: Beyond the SwordTM” (2K Games)
• “Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Gold Edition” (2K Games)
• “Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe” (Activision)
• “Star Wars® Empire at War®: Gold Pack” (LucasArts)
• “The Witcher” (Atari)
• “Thrillville™: Off the Rails™” (LucasArts)
• “Turning Point™: Fall of Liberty” (Codemasters)
• “Universe at War: Earth Assault™” (SEGA)
• “Viva Piñata” (Microsoft Game Studios)
• “Zoo Tycoon® 2: Extinct Animals” (Microsoft Game Studios)

and these games will support live in both XP and Vista
• “The Club” (SEGA)
• “Gears of War” (Microsoft Game Studios)
• “Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights” (THQ)
• “Kane & Lynch: Dead Men” (Eidos)
• “Universe at War: Earth Assault” (SEGA)
• “Viva Piñata” (Microsoft Game Studios)

Also I just read and remembered that Mercenaries 2 is coming to the pc.

Why aren’t Hellgate:London or Age of Conan in that list?

Hellgate is going to use its own online system, so it might not conform to GFW logo? Same with Age of Conan?

Hellgate is going to use its own online system, so it might not conform to GFW logo?

I don’t think GFW Live support is a requirement for the GFW label. Afterall, neither Supreme Commander nor Company of Heroes do feature that.

That’s a bizarre list. Crysis isn’t on it, even, and we’ve seen the box art showing the GFW logo. I’d say that’s an indication that it’s not out in 07, except that Fallout 3 is there, which will be Fall 08 at the earliest. No Age of Conan, either.

Windows is not a closed system, GFW just means those supporting… gfw, not all games coming out for Windows.

A new Stalker. Excellent.

Viva Pinata is one of those titles I’ll buy to see if I can’t interest my wife in PC gaming. Again.

Jesus, that’s the worst crop of new PC game listings I’ve ever heard - I have zero interest in any of those games.

Forturnately there’s still a bunch of previously announced ones I’m interested in, but man, that list of Rob Merritt’s is unbelievably lame.

Crysis is listed on the games for windows site:

Plus the boxart shows the GfW logo too. So that list is pretty much horribly incomplete, even for just the GfW brand.

So that list is pretty much horribly incomplete

Think that needed to be stressed.

Space Siege - 2008 (Dungeon Siege in space)
Legendary - The Box

Games announced so far on E3 and not mentioned in this thread yet.
At least I haven’t heard of any of them before.
So far pretty lame I agree.

You must be joking. Being a sit at home kind of guy, I’m glad at least this E3 is mentioning PC games and the list isn’t half bad. I don’t know why certain games aren’t specifically being mentioned by Microsoft but it isn’t like we are just seeing Microsoft’s first party titles. Plus they span genre and they aren’t all Vista only.

Tycoon game: Viva Pinata, Thrillville, Zoo Tycoon Extinct Animals, Trainz Railwayz
RPG: The Witcher, Fallout 3
Shooters: Gears of War, BlackSite Area 51, Operation Flashpoint 2, Rogue Warrior
Strategy games: Won’t list because there are 8 of them.
They even have a freaking adventure game on there.

Most years E3 for the PC ment, Someone was running a copy of Flight Sim X in the corner and it wasn’t even microsoft. Maybe because you are a journalist you are expose to more but I don’t see what is so horrible about this E3 or the list from Microsoft.

Fallout 3, Dragon Age, Spore… I really could just get rid of my PC now… and buy a new one Xmas 2008!

Ahh ok. I haven’t played either one of those, so didn’t know. I just figured Microsoft would throw it on its checklist for cert just because it could.

You have no interest in the Witcher?

The new E3 sure ain’t like the old E3.

Is this the year in which we can finally acknowledge the whole “Games for Windows” thing as the ridiculous, pointless farce that it is?

Are you sure about that? I mean, really sure?

Well, FWIW, you can view GfW’s technical requirements here: they actually seem pretty light to me.

BTW, Ben, is there anything which doesn’t make you cranky and pessimistic?

Sure, lots of things! Visit the Rock Band thread, for instance. Is there a reason why I shouldn’t be pessimistic about MS’s Games for Windows push, though? Because since last year I’ve been hearing about how it isn’t just some empty, meaningless gesture–that THIS time Microsoft is really, really serious about supporting gaming on the PC. So far, that’s amounted to, what? New signs hanging over the same old atrophied PC game racks in stores? And new banners across the top of game boxes. And about ten minutes out of a 90 minute conference devoted to the PC. And the most disappointing list of upcoming PC games in the history of ever. If you can provide me with some reasons not to be cranky and pessimistic about GfW, I’d love to hear them!

Are Viva Pinata and Gears of wars going to be on Vista? Has there been anything about Spore at E3?

Gears of War and Viva Pinata will be for both Vista and XP and live support will work on both OSs.

Spore is suppose to be shown as a trailer at EA’s press thingy.