PC Cases: The Beautiful, the Bizarre, and the WTH?!?

That’s a far nicer case than I expected from the stupid name.

I also went with the Fractal R6. It’s OK I guess. I mean, it’s a black box. It’s black, it’s boxy. It sits. With a Noctua fan, it is quiet.

Wish there was an aesthetic middle ground between 1980s square cases and the LED monstrosities or hello kitty, but I didn’t find one, so R6 is… fine.

This is the case I’m planning to build in later this year. 16L mITX with support for a 280mm radiator up top, 2x140 fans at the bottom, and a 3-slot gpu (Sliger SM580)

Since I’ve moved to nicer cases I haven’t cut myself on a case. It’s been years since that’s happened. Did you cut yourself on the case or a component?

I’ve got one of these babies. In my defense I needed a computer that same night, as my other one was becoming too difficult to diagnose. Best Buy had the only thing in town that was both better than my old rig, and in stock.

[Hides from @stusser.]
That was 3 or 4 years ago, and it’s still running like a champ.
And I do always run it with the damn RGB off.
Also, it has no window.

Who the hell knows? It happens every time. I think it’s just my fat sausages diddling around in tight quarters. It’s inevitable.

Lol I get it, man. My hands are far from slim.

As for bizarre cases, I submit this baby:

https://www.amazon.com/Azza-CSAZ-804V-Pyramid-Innovative-Black/dp/B084HNPHF9/

Dom approves.

dominic

I can actually appreciate those aesthetics, lol.

No way I’d buy that. With the amount of injuries I’ve sustained over the years from various desktop cases (literal scars) I’d probably end up impaled on the fucking thing.

Around 15 years ago my brother had to get stitches one time due to a very sharp 3.5 floppy bay. He still has the very large scar on his hand.

I use this beautiful monstrosity of early aughts design. It’s been a home for three generations of computer now, working on fourth.

Just clicked into that.

“Customers who viewed this also viewed these abominations”

Im sure 12 year old me would have loved to cover these in pictures of Page 3 girls but does anyone whose balls have dropped like this aesthetic?

The white one at the top has appeal since I assume that’s a cockpit my cat could curl up in?

At least the pyramid will keep his razor blades sharp as well.

Mixing cats and pyramids is a big no-no; you can try asking the people responsible for trying this in the past but they’re all dead (hardly a coincidence I assure you).

Antec was a big deal when I built my first PC in 2003. I used to love going to CompUSA and just browsing all the cases. My 2003-era basic Antec case came with a PSU, which eventually died and my case design was such that I had to remove the motherboard in order to swap out the PSU.

Replacing the PSU in my box was a breeze. It’s on its third one now. Mounting the all-in-one water cooler for the CPU was … A challenge ;)

But I adapted and overcame. Box is ready for the next five to ten years.

Well it would have been if I didn’t get the fucking RAM rma’d instead of returning and buying a different bunch of ram.

My current build is in a Thermaltake Armor VA8003, with a giant 25 cm fan on the side. It’s served me well over the many years, but it’s time to put this one out to pasture.