PC Gaming in the 2010s - what did I miss?

If you end up not enjoying Titan Quest, like me, don’t me dissuaded from still playing Grim Dawn, even though it’s from the same developers. It’s soooooooo good.

But if you do end up enjoying TQ, then bonus! There’s another game by the same developers that’s even better once you get done with TQ.

How’s it going with the list?

Hahahaha!

This thread was a success, it did a great job of reminding me about things to put on my Steam wishlist. But as far as me actually playing through them? Slow going, as usual. I was working on The Witcher 3, but got derailed this weekend by Spider-Man on the PS4.

So what we really did was … help you build your PC backlog. ;) At this point i’m pretty sure backlogging is the game, tbh…

Arise thread!

After months of scouting for an affordable copy, I finally got one:

Can’t wait to try Midgard!

God, I hope it lives up to my hype. I just remember it being super awesome. Please, keep me informed.

Don’t worry, it was worth it. It also came with this.

All for around $20, which is a freaking steal. Civ2 Gold can barely be found for less than $30 on its own.

So, does it hold up? Inquiring minds need to know.

Well, I got it running, and had no idea how to do anything, so I’m reading through the really big manual.

Manual? That’s for other people. Just dive in!

But I love reading manuals!

Plus, truth be told, I can’t tear myself away from Assassin’s Creed: Origins right now. ;)

Are the RPG elements in this strong? Ive read a few snippits that its very action rpg! Which imagining Assassin’s Creed with RPG elements is REALLY hard to resist…even if its not as Assassin’s Creed good as some of the other games (which Ive also read)

They’re strong enough that, with a constant stream of things to find on the map, plus new gear to find/win/buy, it’s a wonderful carrot-on-stick scenario. Did the earlier games not have RPG elements?

Who needs RPG elements when you can play as bird people in Civilization 2, or ride Dophins (a transport unit).

The first had things you could buy, but didn’t have stats that evolved abilities, that is a big part for me and braching storylines ideally

Oh I dunno about branching storylines – only 11 hours in, which is a lot for me – but it’s got the RPG stuff in there preeeettty good.

Finally dove into Midgard yesterday. Wow, insane, and awesome.

I’m glad it was worth it. I’m always hopeful that Civilization would try to recreate it, and Fall From Heaven 2 was pretty good, but sadly, I don’t think anyone did anything at the scale for Civilization 5 or 6.

I’ll try to find a legit copy of it some where (the copy I played belonged to my older brothers) for myself if it really is better than just another nostalgia high.

Yeah, totally worth it. Also glad I got the Civ2 gold edition, since it also comes with some neat scenarios like XCOM Jr. and Master of Magic Jr., they call them

Civilization II Test of Time is probably my favorite game of the Civilization series. It’s good to hear that gamers are still enjoying it.