PC Gaming on the Couch

Thought I’d update with some screenshots

a few more:

I’m not sure I understand. How is this PC gaming on the couch if you are using a controller? To me, PC gaming is really about the ability to use a mouse / keyboard… This doesn’t really impress me very much, but maybe I’m naive.

I made your head explode. I hate when that happens. There was a time when “PC Gaming” meant gaming with a 2 button ball mouse and a dip switch 2 button joystick. Expand your horizons!

My computer doesn’t have nearly enough resolution to see even a half of those pictures that you posted.

I agree about the kb/mouse, there are games I play on the PC that are impossible to play with a controller. However, his setup is impressive as hell when it comes to everything being available from a single front end, and it’s extremely well done. I’d kill to have that setup for my console game emulation as well as the PC games that I use a controller with.

sorry about that, thought the forum theme would scale the images to fit the page…

The Korean monitor thread is that way–>

I’m looking at them on a phone so it can’t be that bad.

Stunning setup. I think I’d want to play games even more if my library were that beautiful. Admit it you must spend some hours just paging through the library giggling softly.

hehe… I have to admit, the first two days after everything came together, I spent a little too much time at the menus :P

About Dolphin. What do you need to get wii games to run on PC? Will my run of the mill CD drive be able to read the disks?

Dolphin is just an emulator, so no, putting your Wii discs into your drive would not be a solution – you’d need the ISO. You can however, do a raw dump of your Wii discs. The process is just a bit more complicated than is implied.

CD Drive…?

The most direct way would be to get a Wii, add the homebrew channel after which you can start ripping games and transferring them to your system.
link:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CleanRip

I have a Wii. The dolphin website claims it’s possible to play Wii games in higher resolution so I thought I’d give it a try.

claim? It’s a fact :)
as mentioned, add the homebrew channel to your wii, follow the instructions in the link i posted, and you will have iso files of your games ready to be used by dolphin.

…well in this instance my ‘horizons’ are just fine (everything works, is accurate, and comfortable (why do i need to lounge around all the time - i have sleep and a bed for that? Are our spines getting soft maybe?). What next, your going to tell me a real 3D tv that projects the image via laser onto my retina is the only way i can fully enjoy gaming? Good luck with your sales job ;)

Edit: I should just add that as a method for people with chronic back problems it could be a good thing (if the doctor reckons so?). But i see no reason I need to rush towards the couch, that just makes me feel lazy…and unproductive.

sounds like you are at a dorm. Different phases of life, different needs.

Sounds like your a big fat mumma with no spine ;) Why not just have yourself suspended from wires from the ceiling, and run rails all around the place so you can simply pull yourself around? You could have a lever to bring food directly to your mouth and not need to move at all? It is just not for me at all, there is zero need in my household and lots of downside.

(Sorry if you ARE a big mumma suspended on ceiling wires. That is no fun at all and i wish you all the success you can get on this using your PC on the sofa thing. Chin up.)

Edit (cruel jest): is this why Valve is big on this thing maybe?

Unfortuantely the game browser software doesn’t have a demo. Does it let you create custom lists? For example, can I make a list of favorite roms regardless of what system they are from? Can I make a kids game list and mark roms that my kids can play?

oh yeah! Well I’m YO MAMA!

Smack talk aside, there are occasions where it would be socially awkward to spend all your time cooped up in your room playing games while your spouse/girlfriend keeps knocking on your door every half an hour. This is a nice way to make PC gaming less of an outcast’s activity.