PC GOTY so far - I know I'm premature

Someone else is going to need to step up and host the Quarterlies this year. My job makes it impossible for me to find the time for it, sadly.

First I found , other sites will follow soon probably.

The best PC gaming experience I had this year by far was playing Elite in VR, so I like the idea of a “best ongoing game” category.

Divinity Original Sin 2

3 person co-op in a solid RPG, aside from some… challenges with one person, has turned out great.

War of the Chosen.

Runner Up- Warhams 2: Total Hams or whatever.

Divinity Original Sin 2 for sure. Nothing else even comes close. In fact, I had to wrack my brain to remember other games I played this year.

Some kind of toss up between Total War:Warhammer 2 and War of the Chosen.

Honorable mentions for Divinity and Nier.

Greatest disappointments - Andromeda and Civ 6.

Civ 6 was 2016, I believe. Though I dig it that you’re still disappointed.

Space Game - Tie between Battlestar Galactica Deadlock and Star Fleet Armada.

Non-Space Game - LOGistICAL.

PC gamer has a hub of all their picks for this year:

Wow. Divinity Original Sin 2? I wasn’t expecting that. I’ve been reading the thread here at Qt3, and I generally got the impression that while some people initially loved it, most players here got bogged down with how difficult the game is.

The difficulty complaint stems from a lack of direction, so you would frequently find yourself fighting in non optimal areas. Places you could maybe win, but it would be a long difficult slog. It wouldn’t be at all obvious that you were fighting something you probably shouldn’t be, the stompage was typically protracted making it feel like you could possibly win that fight, when in fact you would be much better served by fighting in another area.

Pretty solid list from PC Gamer, those were all pretty non-controversially great games as long as you enjoy their genres. I even got some fun out of PUBG, and I haven’t cared much about FPS games since some point in the 90’s.

Agreed. I am glad also to see Unexplored make its way to someone’s list, I had a blast with it and nearly put it in my own list. It was a close call. I love Unexplored!

2 more articles here, the one has a ton of indie games I never even heard of.

No question it was GOTY for me.

It was my 4th favorite game of the entire year.

What, no quarterlies?!

Leaning towards Mass Effect: Andromeda, warts and all. High fives @divedivedive @Knightsaber @Rock8man @ImaTarget

@Brooski will be arranging the quarterlies this year, with help from @arrendek, sometime in January, giving us some more time in 2017 to play more games.

I will post the Quarterlies thread on Jan 1. @triggercut has given his blessing :)