PC GOTY so far - I know I'm premature

Reading those AV Club articles I realize just how far outside the mainstream my tastes are. Not only are none of them among my favorites, I don’t think I played a single one.

Excellent, excellent.

Oh I’m not even leaning, my game of the year was absolutely Andromeda. I just didn’t play it on PC and I didn’t want to get called out on a technicality.

The normal quarterlies has no such restriction on platform.

This thread appears to, however. Unless I’m just taking the title too seriously.

Yeah, sorry, my bad. This is just the other other best of the year thread. One with an arbitrary restriction and started long before the end of the year.

Weirdos.

We have a normal GOTY thread now. Stop posting in this one.

I like this one. I’ll put the other thread in my backlog.

Another one…

That was a really good one. It should have been in the other GOTY thread though, since it included games that weren’t on PC.

As the thread creator, you have my permission to put whatever you want in this thread :D

You never know, Nintendo could port Zelda over to PC. ;)

I started playing it, realized I loved it, and decided to buy Original Sin 1… which I freaking love! These guys really know their shit, just sayin’

I played BOTW on PC at 1440p, worked great. I get why everybody loved it, but I only played about 15 hours then lost the will to continue. Definitely not my GOTY.

I know this is PS4, but reading the Gamasutra article - how did I not know about Horizon Zero Dawn? And as an open world aficionado, that looks great. Also in the open world genre, the article makes me want to try Yakuza 0 - the part that grabbed me was meeting weird people and side quests that made you forget the main quest for a while (my kinda open world.) Is that also on the PS4?

Yep - both PS4 exclusives.

It’s really a great game. If you’ve got a PS4 and find the concept interesting at all you really should pick it up. The gameplay is great and I thought the story was great as well. They even had what I thought was a reasonably plausible excuse for why there were robotic dinosaurs wandering about.

Yeah I splurged and got a switch for BotW, but in retrospect I should have gone with the PS4 Pro for H:ZD and Bloodborne.

HZD is a tremendous game. I think it might be my favorite game of the year, and it certainly didn’t start out that way.

Yeah it’s my personal GOTY.