PDXCON 2019

I don’t think mobile Stellaris is a bad idea, but I really hope they have more up their sleeve for the convention. The types of gamers that attend pdxcon would not care one iota about a mobile port.

What would CK3 even look like? I’m not a game designer, but I have no ideas on how they could improve the fundamental mechanics in the game (beyond warfare), it’s pretty perfect. I would love to see them announce CK 2.5 which takes all the content and features of CK2 with all its DLC and ports it into the imperator map, a cleaner UI, and maybe change how battles work.

Don’t you guys have phones?

They’ll be announcing the new expansion along with whatever the other thing is.

I detest phone gaming. And worry if PDX goes down that rabbit hole they may never come out!

Just in case:

I do, and also have a console buried in a closet somewhere. I have no qualms about developers building games for either of those things, and hope everyone using those devices to play games have alot of fun.

Yet I have very little interest in using either of them to play games, and my point was just that there might not be a whole lot of crossover with PC GSG fanatics and mobile gamers. If Paradox want to expand their demographic by making mobile games I think that is a fine idea, but I wouldn’t expect thunderous applause at the convention.

Okay, to be crystal clear I am making fun of high end PC and console games being converted into mobile versions. The “don’t you have phones” is making fun of the idiotic statement that was made by Blizzard at the incredible decibel level of booing that was thrown their way at this announcement. I also dislike mobile gaming, and would be disinterested (to say the least) in a mobile version of Stellaris. Though I very much doubt that’s going to be a thing.

Oh, my mistake, I guess I will wear the Qt3 dunce hat for the day!

That video clip was something else.

Paradox’s attempt to steal PDX from Portland, OR continues to drive me nuts.

And here I am wondering why Bruce keeps inviting people around to play Paradox games!

I’ve been here over a year and still reflexively think of Paradox Dev Studios every time I see it.

The “PDX = Portland” paradigm that has plagued this forum made me unconsciously ignore this thread until Kevin talked about it in one of the game threads.

This would be nice. An expansion would get me back into it for a while. I played a little AoW3 not too long ago and it reminded me how good it can be. That was a great game.

Scott,

Can you tell me how you were able to deduce that just because a game studio was profitable overall (in one quarter, perhaps more), that any specific title they had was profitable as a single self-contained entity?

That being said, I am wondering about the truth of what I have heard as well.

That’s wise to announce it outside of the convention. Save the expansion for the convention, that’s what the fans there care about (lookin’ at you, Blizzard).

No interest in mobile games myself, but whatever.

Hahahahahaha mobile Stellaris haahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa

No greater pleasure than playing a 4x on a 6" screen. Said no one.

Christ, what a dumb move. Waste of development resources. I don’t like gaming on my phone, feels like a waste of battery life for one thing, I can’t imagine supporting this move.

Hahaha you all have phones hahahahaahahah right hahahahaahahah