Peace sells, but who’s buying? Anyone? Mandalorian, reasonable rates!

Did they say what happened to the Darksabre after Bo-Katan used it to kill the spider creature? You could make the case it’s hers now. The spider creature beat Din and took it from him. She beat the spider creature and took it.

There’s a shot showing Mando tucking the hilt back into his belt. So he’s got it again and she apparently did not make a play for it.

Started out heading down the dumb road the Ep 1 was headed. IG-11…for ‘spelunking’? Or a tiny wheeled Astro-mech droid tor air samples? Which is it Mando? Good thing the landing spot had glass smooth ground.

But then it got pretty good. BK was awesome. But this showed that Mando is kind of a terrible fighter. His fight with the goblins was pretty bad but BK rocked her’s. Also, did Mando get dragged down to the bottom of the lake or did he just somehow sink faster than a rocket propelled BK seconds behind him? At first I assumed the monster drug him down, but then it totally ignored BK and Mando on their way up.
That was…weird.

But man, when this show is done well (see Bo and her greatness here) it is really well done and hits the perfect spot between the silliness of Boba/Obi/Ewoks and adultness of Andor.

I think with Din…

…sinking, there’s a reverse shot after Bo jumped in the lake showing a steep drop-off in the middle of the stairs. I think the implication is Din simply fell and sank since as you said the Mythosaur didn’t seem to give a toss about them.

The execution was still pretty weird though.

It’s either:

He fell into the bottom, immediately lost consciousness and sank faster than BK who followed him right away and used her jetpack quite a bit.

The creature pulled him down but then didn’t care about him or BK.

Yeah, this episode…

Excellent : The visuals, the fights, the crab/eye mech thing, the ruined city, Grogu to the rescue (with tons of cute faces), Bo-Katan, Peli and the Jawas landspeeder scam.

WTF?: The IG-11 tease. I get that Mando likely thought having a capable combat droid along would be a good idea, but what the hell was all the “air quality” bullshit? It felt like a lame cop-out to someone saying bringing back IG-11 was going to be too expensive or something.

Also, what the hell even was that lizard eye multi-mech thing? Why was it on Mandalore, why did it want to drain Mando of his blood? So many questions about just that one thing.

Along those same lines, if Bo-Katan knew what the space yetis were, and mentioned that they survived the Empire’s bombardment, wouldn’t it stand to reason that some Mandalorians could/would have survived it as well? I guess the ones that did (such as Bo-Katan) fled the planet and resettled on the nearby worlds? Why then the whole story about poisoned atmosphere and uninhabitable hellscape? Did the Mandalorians who fled just not want anyone to ever attempt to go back? Seems odd.

I had the same thoughts about the Dark Sabre as well. Mando lost it to the mega-mech thing, they even showed it pulling the sword from his belt and tossing it aside. Bo-Katan then defeated the mega-mech, which by rights should have made the blade hers. With the discovery that Bo-Katan was right and Madalore is sort-of habitable, maybe Mando will come to the same realization and convince Bo-Katan to accept the Dark Sabre, gather her followers again and recolonize Mandalore?

And yeah, bathing in the living waters, better watch that fourth step, it’s quite the drop off! That made no sense at all.

No argument there. It confused me too until I watched the scene again.

Nah. She has another path to leadership now. Tame the Mythosaur!

I was under the impression that Mando is still kind of fighting with the Darksaber, and doesn’t really have it fully under control.

Yeah, he struggled with it in that Bobba Fett episode and even managed to injure himself if I remember this correctly. The Darksaber seems to have quite the weight when he wields it whereas BK clearly had some experience with that weapon. That said, given that Mando also got ambushed by the creatures (BK did not and even got the jump on them) and had to be rescued twice by her, I’d say she came across as a bit more competent in this episode even if you ignore the Darksaber bits.

It’s tough to square the Mandalorian of the pilot, who was a savvy independent operator, with this Mandalorian, who will always do whatever the last character he met told him to do, and who will drown in a lake if left unattended.

I mean, Mando had almost been killed by the eye-bot thing just prior, so I’m not gonna judge him too harshly.

In terms of BK, I also kind of feel like she had a better grasp of the region than Mando, since she had grown up there and Mando had never been on that planet before and seemingly knew virtually nothing about it.

To Mando, Mandalore is some kind of place of legend, whereas for BK it’s just her home before the Empire glassed it.

(sorry, couldn’t resist. Its just where my mind immediately went to…)

I think I’d respectfully disagree with that take. In the first few episodes (as I remember them, it’s been a while), the Mandalorian struggled against a squad of Jawas and other low level threats until he finally earned his plot armor. Now that same plot armor weighed him down in the tailing pond. As the show has gone on, I like that he’s not hyper-competent, and sometimes the choices he thinks are pretty good don’t turn out to be long-term winners. Another example, that sleek little Naboo Starfighter seemed fleet and terrific when he acquired it waaaay back in the Book of Boba Fett, but now it’s looking awfully cramped with a yoda and an astromech as passengers. He’s flexible with his plans – as you say, he tends to do with what the last person told him to do, as long as it’s compatible with The Way™ – but maybe he needs to be even more flexible to achieve whatever his post-soaking redemption goals are.

The Way is dumb. The slogan sounds cool, but really, everything else about it is stupid. The whole Darksaber-indicates-the-leader thing is dumb too, and by that token so is the Mythosaur.

Honestly, much of Mandalorian history as presented in Clone Wars, Rebels, the comics, books, and now this show is goofy. It works for kids cartoons, but falls apart pretty quickly for adults.

It’s fine. As long as I get to see Amy Sedaris in that ghastly wig speaking Jawa.

I literally squeed when she showed up. Can we get a whole show about her, please?

Or maybe Hondo, I’d also accept that.

Hondo is my favorite. He’s #daddy to me.

The gave her quite a heel turn in the latest episode! She’s paying Jawas to strip speeders so the owners come to her to get them fixed!

I was willing to forgive the (blessedly shortlived) Tatooine appearance for her cheeky con with the Jawas.

I love him so, so much. I mean we’re getting an Ahsoka show, why not Hondo?

Oh the stories he could tell, many of them true!