Peeling scotch tape emits x-rays

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081022/ap_on_sc/sci_scotch_tape_surprise

How many kittens have been needlessly irradiated due to our double-stick scotch tape traps?

HOW MANY!?

It’s ok Scrax, they’ll be fine, so long as you remember to keep your traps out of a vacuum when you set them.

If ever a topic deserved caps lock, this is it.

H.

Man, this is worse than the hydrogen dioxide news!

I think you mean Dihydrogen monoxide.

The news was that one of those oxygens is actually a hydrogen in disguise.

Nope, that’s just water.

:-)

“If you’re going to peel tape in a vacuum, you should be extra careful,”

Vacuum, it will get you every time.

What happens when reading a forum in a vacuum.

No one can hear you scream.

THE TERRORISTS COULD GET THEIR HANDS ON A SCOTCH TAPE BOMB. WE NEED TO BAN ALL TAPE AND BRING THOSE FILTHY UNAMERICAN OFFICE SUPPLY STORES TO JUSTICE.

or…

PEDOPHILES MAY HAVE ALREADY BEEN USING SCOTCH TAPE TO LOOK AT YOUR CHILDREN. EVERYONE THAT USES SCOTCH TAPE IS A PERVERT.

Dude we can’t do away with the traps! It’s the only thing keeping that food on the counter safe!

Seriously though, this gave me a visual of my old cats moping into the room with tape all over them. So fucking funny. It’s like, “Hi. I wasn’t in the kitchen on the counter just now. Soooooo, how you doing?”

That reminds me. When I open an envelope by peeling the sticky flap up, it sometimes emits a little blue light.

Respectfully

krise madsen

That’s not Scotch tape, though. Envelopes emit gamma radiation.

I think my ordinary Bic pen shoots genuine lasers. Really. But only if immersed in syrup.

I just cooked a hot pocket on my desk, it took like 3 rolls of tape, but damn it’s tasty.

Curad bandage wrappers used to do the same thing, except their light would be better described as purplish.

That’s not blue thought, that’s octarine.

LOLOLOL