Peloton exercise bikes

Our bike has been clicking for quite a while. I looked around and the diagnosis seemed clear: faulty bearings. Apparently Peloton has had a big problem with them. So my girlfriend, in whose name the bike is, submitted a support ticket and the answer came back…you need to tighten the stabilizer bolts. Come the fuck on, the bolts were as tight as could be, which we checked and responded, and they said ok it’s probably a bad bearing we’ll fix it. Well, today the damned thing froze up entirely. My girlfriend loves to tinker with things so she took it apart as much as she could, which was not very much, and there is a weird white and black dust/shavings everywhere. The noise when it first started really sounded to me like the belt creaking, and looking at it now it seems fairly obvious to me that they assembled it improperly and the belt wore against some part of the mechanism and the resulting dust got into the hub and clogged the bearings. Thanks a lot, assholes! There goes my 137 day streak!