Peloton exercise bikes

I ordered one on January 3, so I don’t have experience with one yet, but I’ll use this opportunity to talk about myself anyway :)

When I was single and renting a few years ago I had room for an elliptical machine, and I found that with an iPad on a stand in front of it for Netflix, I didn’t have any trouble with the discipline to use it at least 4 times a week.

Married now and in a house already stuffed with stuff, we decided to order a Peloton this year because it’s about all that we can fit, and we’ve heard all the same glowing reviews from everyone who has one.

I’m a little curious if I’ll be more or less motivated to use it when I’m using their classes and programs, instead of just watching Netflix. I’m not sure if that’s the kind of thing I could just split my attention with and set up an iPad again in addition to the Peloton screen.

FWIW on ordering times, when we ordered it on Jan 3, the website estimated it would be 10+ weeks until delivery, but during the checkout process it offered us an “install” date of Feb 15. If that pans out, it’ll be a pleasant surprise since we thought it would be three months.