Peloton exercise bikes

Just what I need, another app! :P

Thank you, though. My system is working fine for me for now.

It’s still visible on the bike for me too, assuming I correctly understand the stats you’re referring to.

Sorry I meant the last 30 days avg in your dashboard you get if you tap your name in the lower left.

Oooh, sorry, completely misunderstood. I never looked at that.

Bringing this thread back from the dead because… I just ordered a Bike+. I’m so excited! This thread helped me a lot as I went through hours of research and all the different pros and cons. I know it’s reputation; I know it was trendy and maybe now there’s a backlash; I know the company isn’t exactly at its peak in popularity.

But at the end of it, I need convenient. I need a packaged offering. I need a routine that can hold me accountable. I want to be engaged and I don’t want to leave the house to do it.

My missus and both need to get in shape and both plan to use it.

It will be here Saturday. I can’t wait!

Those of you here that were using it back in 2021/early 2022…still on it? Or have you moved away?

Still on it!

My ambitious goal is 30 min, 4x a week. Realistically I give myself one of those days off when I play volleyball on Tuesday nights most weeks, so the practical goal is 3x a week. If we have a busy week I’m not usually disciplined enough to make myself get up early in the morning and workout, so sometimes that drops to twice a week when I’m limited by my time in the evenings, but what I’m satisfied with so far is that two isn’t becoming the normal or slipping down to one.

It’s easier for me to maintain a manageable schedule than to rebound from a real disruption though. We moved last summer so there were a couple weeks when it was really impractical to bike at all, and that was all it took. Three weeks with no Peleton starting in August and I didn’t pick it back up until December. But I did pick it back up, so I call that a win.

Well, one week into it and I love it. It’s exactly what I needed. There are more classes than I could possibly ever take. I started with the You Can Ride program, which is pretty simple. The off days I’ve either been taking off or filling with other rides. I’ll introduce strength training in this week.

One bummer is that my bike+ came with a busted wheel on the right-hand side. And that requires a front stabilizer replacement. I’m not looking forward to that and I’m wondering if it’s better to try to get them to take the whole bike back.

So I’ve been in an exercise slump for a bit, but today I got back on the Peloton and tried Lanebreak. Had never tried it before (came out a year ago or so). Very fun gamification of exercise. Bonus, they had a Metal ride and I saw some other interesting music. I think I’m going to be using this semi-frequently as I like it as an alternative to listening to an instructor talk more than I want them to.

Review:

@Inverarity or anyone still actively using their bike, we should be friends on Peloton. Here’s me:

This thread popping up today is great timing for me, as I moved into an apartment building a few weeks ago that has Peloton bikes, ellipticals, and treadmills in the gym. I’m not really sure what my goals are or what I’m doing at this point, though, as I’m pretty new to this stuff.

Mainly, I’m a little uncertain about how to proceed with the software side of things. I was able to figure out how to start a basic 30-minute ride today, but then looking at one of the bikes I noticed that other users in my building have set things up for themselves there. Would it be simplest if I simply set up my own profiles on the machines as well (assuming that’s even possible without a personal subscription) or might there be some advantage to figuring out how to connect my phone or tablet to the machines instead?

As for entertainment, I picked up a tablet/phone holder that can be attached to the machines.

I may have pushed myself a bit too far my first week+ so I had to scale back and take a few days off. But I’ve almost caught up to be done with week two of You Can Ride. Good stuff so far. I just needed to ease into a bit more (says my legs and core and calves and back and well, everything, lol).

Will do! I’m JohnEGoGoGo on Peloton. I’ll add ya for sure.

Whew, doesn’t affect Bike+

Also glad I went with the Bike+.

Their website has a FAQ and instructions, which amount to getting a replacement seat post.

Um … like isn’t this ANOTHER major recall for them? WTF, Peleton.

I thought it was just two, I stand corrected:

Almost 4 months in and I am a zealot for Peloton. I absolutely love it. Alex Toussaint is my bestie. Kendall Toole is amazing, and I haven’t found an instructor yet I can’t stand, though there are a few I don’t love.

The only things stopping me from adding the rower are the space in my room and the ridiculous price. Maybe for 2025.

“One two one two!”

I liked Alex at the start, and then I had a ride where he’s doing all the typical instructor motivational hype but he gets off the bike to get up close to the camera to talk to the audience, and that was it for me.

I can’t verify what resistance instructors are at, I don’t know how fast they’re really pedaling, but when they don’t even pretend to be riding along with me, they’ve broken some kind of unwritten contract between instructor and rider for me.

My favorites are Bradley Rose and Sam Yo, though it’s been a progression in that order as I eventually needed more challenge than Rose’s rides typically offered, and now I’m looking for something a little more challenging than Yo. Been trying Ben Aldis, who’s difficulty level is about where I want it as a step up from Yo, I’m just not sure I like EDM/dance music enough to make him my new regular.