Penny Arcade Assumes EA Is Evil; Gives Away DS Donated for Child's Play

The good thing about corporate entities is that you don’t have to apologize to them, because they’re not people and they’d gladly butcher your entire family if it made their stock rise a single cent.

I guess not, because enough morons who have had it up to here ‾ with god I don’t even know … adverts, skate being a great game? Will defend you covering your ass, “we made a booboo” shit.

I love how these are nearly all real English words but it still doesn’t make any sense.

Did you not see the overscore?

worm chooses his crusades entirely at random. Next up: he ridicules us for our tolerance of weak apologetics for Snuggles the fabric softener bear.

God, I wish. I’m really doing this because I think it’s fucking wrong that goofus and dumber are trying to run a charity, make a huge faux pas with a pretty big company that wants to play ball, and can barely manage to apologize properly. Totally unhip, right and wrong that is.

Fuck you, I love that fucking bear.

You guys are actually arguing over this?

Not really much ‘trying’ about it. They’re running a charity. Despite this error, they seem to be doing a pretty decent job of it.

Welcome to the Internet. Enjoy your stay.

Jesus fucking Christ, did Gabe and Tycho fuck your mom with your dead dad’s rigor mortis’d dick or something? Damn, man, two nerds that have done probably more appreciably good shit via their little charity than gigantic EA has ever done make a fucking mistake and, because they didn’t spell out an apology with the shredded DNA strands of their girlfriends’ uterus’, they’re bigger shitstains than Mao?

Get some fucking perspective, dickhead. This is the KGB sending Sakharov a check for AIDS Babies Moskva and Sakharov dismissing it before getting to the nice note buried beneath. It doesn’t mean that the KGB doesn’t still suck sack.

Penny Arcade says it has 3 million regular readers.

Assume just 1 out of 3 click straight from the landing page to the comic without reading, or bookmark the comic directly, that’s 1 million readers who will only see the “EA are bribe-peddling scum” comic and never know the whole story.

Assuming that 67% read the accompanying text for every comic is likely a generous estimate.

The DS that Almost Saved Christmas

This is the true story of one 18.5 billion dollar company, its nintendo DS, and the 2 totally unhip, real shitstains who made a huge HUGE HUGE HUGE error.

Is this close enough to Godwin’s? I think it is. I’ll call Godwin’s.

I can’t tell if this is an intentional non-sequiter, an extremely subtle joke I’m not getting, or just the random output of an insane mind.

No matter the answer, I give this post two thumbs up.

Nothing to stop them from addressing their fuck-up in Monday’s comic…

Wait, they aren’t?

Yeah, the comic has a fairly large percentage of people who fail at reading comprehension, as this thread proves. They’re also popular enough to have a large percentage of people like “worm,” who fail at everything.

I don’t see how that’s their problem, though. They made a humorous comic strip, they put a record up online of EA’s contribution and their own mistake, and they donated more than enough to Child’s Play to cover the “missing” DS. End of story.

But there’s no joke! There’s literally no joke in that comic strip.

Everybody knows that publishers sometimes sweeten journalists either explictily with bottles of wine at Christmas (thaks Koei!) or more subtly with mostly unecessary press trips round the world to meet developers and play early builds.

Saying ‘well, why didn’t they just give us the money LOL haq haq haq’ in a comic strip isn’t making a joke about it. It’s not sticking it to the man.

I’m all for trying to protect your integrity but just do it quietly and persistently - it will come through in your work. This was just unecessary posing and I’m glad it backfired. They should spend less time trying to show off and more time trying to get better at their jobs.

Why are we talking about this?

I’d imagine with all the hurried posting to insist that somehow EA was the bad guy, that they rendered some awful things unto all your mothers(like in-game adverts?)! Could you tell me, is this anything like getting a package from the SS, smr? Is EA anything like the Nazis? Are you anything like a moron?

The “totally unhip” part was in reference to the fact that I actually believe their behavior (ripping through the package, seeing a “bribe” and immediately losing all the blood from their brains(it went into their dicks)) was wrong.

Though you’re right, when you make a major fucking mistake and essentially botch a 18.5 billion dollar company getting involved with your charity, some shitty blog post that comes down to “we made a mistake, but anyone in our shoes would have, and our behavior up to that mistake is perfect” is probably the best anyone could do.

This is some searing commentary, you walking overbite. I am seriously applying fucking BALM because the light of my monitor SCORCHES MY SKIN while these GENIUS WORDS are on the screen.

Totally reevaluating my internet posting career at the sight of this one-line transcendental Zen koan.