Pens: Quality writing

I prefer ball-point to gel-ink because gels run when wet. How often have you been caught in the rain with a love letter, and then, in the bus, have to interpret the runs going every-which-way down the page, like the fragments of your broken heart? Permanent gel is ok, but still the drying time is longer than ball-point, and they tend to bleed.

. . . .

A biographical movie about fire is in the works, starring Audrey Tautou.

Two Audreys:
[http://home.uchicago.edu/~shelata/audrey_hepburn41_small.jpg[/img]](http://home.uchicago.edu/~shelata/audrey_hepburn41.jpg]

Ooh, tough choice. Hepburn was gorgeous, but Audrey is, as in right here and now.

Pelikan makes nice pens, too. Cheap Pelikan fountain pens were what I used at school. Now that you mention it, I recalling buying an expensive Pelikan fountain pen with a gold nib (because gold is always impressive, right?) only to discover that gold deforms under pressure, i.e. when writing. The lines soon became so wide that the pen was effectively unusable. Always use a steel nib! Gold-plated if you like but the nib itself has to be steel.

No problem. The Morph writes really nicely. It uses Cross refills, so if you’ve ever written with a Cross pen, you should know exactly what to expect in terms of inking. Personally, I never liked traditional Cross pens because they are too thin for my hands. The Morph is really comfortable to hold for extended periods.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you make out in the end!

Outstanding! Do you feel a sense of superiority (and perhaps unstated rivalry) to anyone with the inferior name of “Jeff”?

Uh… me neither.

Geoff

When the revolution comes, you are first up against the wall Jee-off.

OT: Can someone please tell me where does this quote come from?

It’s a Douglas Adams Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy paraphrase.

Oh, and Radiohead used it for “Paranoid Android”, the song title (and perhaps elements of the song?) inspired by said novel.

I was an RT man for a good 4 years. I picked up the Pilot G-2 a few months ago and never looked back. It’s better in every way imaginable, not the least of which it doesn’t tend to clog, which I’m led to understand is a big deal for a Gel Ink pen. I’ve turned a lot of folks at work onto them.

Pens?

http://www.staedtler.co.uk/Mars_micro_gb.Staedtler

FTW, the only thing I can say is possibly ruins the perfection of those pencils is that the grip has a tendacy to loosen. (I’m assuming it’s absorbing sweat)

That’s funny, so that’s where I’ve read it first. I’ve always thought that passage was copied from something else.

on-topic-ish: The only thing I’ve ever bought from Staedtler were erasers.

I’m more of a pencil man myself – I dunno, confidence issues maybe? I like the eraser.

Anyway, I didn’t see this posted yet:
How to make your own $200+ mont blanc pen for $15. He gets a little cute, the short version is mont blanc refills fit in a Pilot G2 Pro.

I like the Parker Vector. Its a roller ball I think.

If you’ve got a benchtop drill press and small lathe, you can turn your own pens.

Dang I was all set to try this at lunch but my local Staples doesn’t have any G2 Pros.

Do connoisseurs recommend Mont Blanc fine or medium tip cartridges?

I am resurrecting this thread because I was checking out pens today and came across this Cross 75% off sale. http://www.cross.com/Catalog/ProductCategory.aspx?cat_name=Special+Offers

Much as I like 75% off, I’m hesitant: the Cross pens I’ve ever used have had ink flow that’s globby and skips. Is that just because the Cross pens I’ve tried have been tried by everyone and their mother? Or is that the nature of Cross?

I like the feel of Lamy fountain pens, but wtf, for most of their designs, the body is made of plastic.

Any interesting pen updates from you?

Pilot G2 07.

Come to think of it I may have found out about them from this thread.

I adore these pens, and have bought a big fat case of them. I cannot be without one in reach at all times, and panic when I have to use something else to write with.

That pen and my Moleskine have allowed me to have a small anchor of perfection in my life.