People like the most boring characters in Dungeons & Dragons

Pretty awesome first post. Were you just running @HumanTon’s post through Google Translate a couple of times or what?

That must be a new spambot gambit? Build your post count by rewriting an old post on the assumption that most people don’t go back in the thread. Clever-ish.

You have to admit that playing a “mythical being officer” sounds way cooler than “elf ranger”

I am stealing that for the P&P role-playing game Imma write someday.

That must be a new helpful android assistant approach? Augment your message total by regurgitating an aged message on the belief that most individuals don’t go back in the cord. Smart-ish.

Sounds like a bot. Reported.

FA blogger who trains neural networks trained one to generate D&D character names. The article is Here.

Some of the names were reasonable:

Dwarg - Half-orc Paladin
Liandra - Elf Wizard

Some of them were little strange

Rune Diggler - Halfling Rogue
Borsh the Bardlock - Human Paladin

Others were very strange

Spullbeard - Dwarf Fighter
Tovendirgle - Human Ranger

At one point the neural network was turned loose on the D&D classes:

Arczi-Sian - Human Dogminer
Merellios Rose - Rope Gnome Wizard

It’s a short article and definitely a fun read.

No no, that’s the name of a Bond villain.

Counterpoint:
Almost every World of Darkness actual play podcast I have been able to find, everyone’s either playing a mortal with the core rules, or a mortal from one of the hunter societies in nWoD Hunter, despite almost every World of Darkness game ever written being about playing monsters that are, IMO, way more interesting. Hell, even in urban fantasy novels, your average protagonist is either a human that knows about the supernatural stuff but has no powers themself, or someone on the supernatural spectrum but much squishier and weaker than the majority of stuff out there (at least to start, power creep is a common thing too) that has to parlay the minor advantages they do have into survival.

That individual was at a recent BDSM party I went to.

You guys get out a whole lot more than I do!