Peter Boyle, R.I.P

Just heard the news - what a shame. I always loved Peter Boyle because he was one of those utterly dependable characters actors, the kind that don’t seem to exist anymore. He was obviously great as the monster in Young Frankenstein, and of course most people will know him from Everybody Loves Raymond, but he left a pretty great body of work: The Candidate, The In-Laws and, my favourite, Where The Buffalo Roam.

Young Frankenstein was just on TMN last night… great, great film.

“Puiinin da reeez!”

:( :( :(

“I mean, you become. You get a job, you become the job. One guy lives in Brooklyn. One guy lives in Sutton Place. You got a lawyer. Another guy’s a doctor. Another guy dies. Another guy gets well. People are born. I envy you your youth. Go on, get laid, get drunk. Do anything. You got no choice, anyway. I mean, we’re all fucked. More or less, you know.”

“I don’t know. That’s about the dumbest thing I ever heard.”

“It’s not Bertrand Russell. But what do you want? I’m a cabbie.”

Edited for suckered.

Bruckman – “You know, I can think of more dignified ways to die than autoerotic asphyxiation.”
Mulder – “Why are you telling me that?”
Bruckman – “Look, forget I mentioned it. It’s none of my business.”

He was a brilliant actor.

Always remember him in “Hardcore”, one of my…uh…more enjoyable adolescent movies. RIP

Clyde Bruckman has met his final repose.

Whenever I think of Boyle I think of the scene in Young Frankenstein where Gene Hackman lights the monster’s finger on fire.

“WAAAAAAAAAH!”

Fixed.

Also from the same episode:
Scully: All right. So how do I die?
Bruckman: You don’t.

Unfortunate that the reverse is not also true. Great, great actor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGN2aa3oQRM

It’s the “Puttin’ on the Ritz” clip from Young Frankenstein. Great stuff!

I thought he was looking a bit turkey in the neck.

[I]Do you know why this is a perfect domination of negative space?

Because Jesus wants it that way.[/I]

holy crap

r.i.p.