Peter Fonda RIP

I thought he died a while ago actually. :(

At least his charity-supporting salad dressings will continue.

Dammit.

I’m sorry to see him go. A true icon of the 60s. I loved his directing debut The Hired Hand (1971), which I always felt was a severely underrated revisionist western.

wut234

And I love the madcap awesomeness of Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry. He didn’t have much range as an actor, but the notes he could play, he played pretty well.

Shit. Sorry, I was thinking of Paul Newman.

Good man. Bad loss. RIP

Years ago I tried the Peter Fonda Diet.

Wake up, drink a beer and take a hit of acid. Call my sister and ask her to lend me some money

What, too soon?

Oh, and I guess he knows what it’s like to be dead.

Still too soon?

Sadly, I think I’ve only seen the guy in Easy Rider. I’ve seen Henry and especially Jane Fonda in more movies.

I picked it for one of the 20-20s for a reason. Sublime film.

His performance in Ulee’s Gold was magnificent as well.

I swear he’s been dead for years.

EDIT: For some reason, I was thinking Henry, even though I clearly saw Peter in the thread title.

First thing I thought of too.

RIP. Left his stamp on '60s culture by freaking out John Lennon and then starring in Easy Rider.

The Hired Hand is a great movie. I never met Peter, but if I had, I would have told him he did it right that day. He seemed like a pretty good dude, everything considered.

FWIW for a moment that was my first thought, but I was thinking of David Carradine.

Aside from Easy Rider, I can only remember seeing him in Ghost Rider.

Same. His daughter, however, I am quite familiar with, Single White Female being a personal fave.