Pets in Marvel Heroes make strange bedfellows

Title Pets in Marvel Heroes make strange bedfellows
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Games
When July 9, 2013

In Marvel Heroes, my level 16 Wolverine just found a pet jawa. For some reason, he looks peeved. The jawa, not Wolverine. Wolverine just looks sullen. Now Wolverine bloodlessly eviscerates bad guys while a fretting jawa tags along behind him..

Read the full article

Is that a jawa or a mini-Doombot?

A few typos: Wovlerine, now instead of not.

yeah that is not a Jawa, it's a mini Dr. Doom, or Doom-bot.

Tom got you hook, line and sinker.

It looks like a Doomified skin of Herbie, from the old Fantastic Four cartoon: http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/def...

It's really quaint that you guys think I don't know a jawa when I see one.

This man has it right. It's a Doom-H.E.R.B.I.E., a hybrid of Doombot and H.E.R.B.I.E. Yes, it is a thing that exists in the Fantastic Four comics.

Hey Tom, just curious but how much playtime did it take you before you got the Punisher hero drop? I'm losing interest in the starting heroes but don't quite care enough to pay money.

Blam, I don't really know what my playtime would have been, but it was during the endgame content. You can redo harder versions of the areas and play these crazily over-the-top group missions from special terminals after you've finished the storyline. That's where I found The Punisher, my Doom-bot pet, Wolverine's costume, and so forth. I figure that's your best chance for getting a new character.

Has anyone reading this ever gotten a character drop during the normal storyline? I imagine that's pretty rare.

I got The Thing drop after beating the boss in the tutorial area (The Raft). I started over with a new character and got...The Thing drop from the same boss. I guess he automatically hands out an additional starting hero. Either that or everyone runs around with The Thing unlocked.

Daredevil is my highest leveled hero right now but not sure about pushing him to the end. He sounded fun at first but he's starting to come off as a weirdly ineffective tank/damage/CC hybrid.

Correct. You get a drop a the beginning and end of the storyline, and I'm pretty sure those drops are going to be free starting characters. That's my experience, at least.

Getting character drops in the course of normal play is something else entirely.

Alright, guess it's time to follow the bouncing tablet all the way to the end and getting it back from all the incompetents the heroes keep handing it over to!