PewDiePie made $4 million last year

I agree with you @wilykat - my perspective is an expression of how I think about what the law should favor, rather than what the law says or its likely outcome in court, since I have no expertise in that area.

just checked, PDP has 54 million subscribers… he must think he is god or something, if I would have 54 mill I would think I am god or jesus …

Heck, Jesus at one point only had like 12 subscribers.

1. One was lying when he tweeted, “I’ll susbscribe, Jesus.”

Betrayed for 40 bitcoin.

To be fair, I’d betray a lot of fuckers for 40 bitcoin

Just for some perspective PewDiePie individually has more reach (in many cases revenue) than the entire staff + freelancer combined of most gaming organizations. He makes 10+ million from youtube ads alone and that’s just a portion of his total income. The ads alone might be 15 million in 2017. This doesn’t include things like people donating 10 dollars to see their messages show up on his screen while he streams, this alone brings in about $2000 an hour steadily.

His channel has more views daily that most popular tv shows get.

Your forum tag should be : Qt3 Judas ;)

HAHAHAHA

wait, then I’d go hang myself…

Other YouTubers and streamers react to PewDiePie’s latest shenanigans.

It’s interesting how many people now understand the effect this one guy can have on their business since the “adpocalypse” killed some of their revenue.

TotalBiscuit weights in on the fair play issue.

I like how a lot of the defenses come down to ‘words don’t matter.’

I agree – words don’t matter and a boogah boogah flimp zump.

Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Right? I get it. Humans react to incentive more than abstract concepts, and to a lot of people, that’s exactly what being shitty on the internet or being a racist is about. “It’s just a joke, bro!” No big deal until it impacts their bottom line.

You know you can deep link to the correct time in a youtube video, yes? It’s even part of the share dialog…

https://youtu.be/Odoe1qVkcJ4?t=8m28s

And yet, if it had no effect on them, plenty of people would be quick to dismiss their responses as out of line because it doesn’t affect them. “It’s just free speech, if you don’t want to say things like that on your own stream, then don’t.”

Still no official comment from YouTube about their cash cow dropping the N bomb? That would be a career ending move for most entertainers which makes me curious as to how they’re going to handle this. Slap on the wrist followed by a tearful and apologetic interview with Oprah is my guess.

I guess absolutely nothing of substance will happen. Same as what happened with Bill Maher and his ‘House N*****’ comment with HBO offering a mild rebuke and removing the comment from future airings.

Maher saw he was in deep shit and scheduled the world’s fastest apology-palooza on his next show.

Maher also hosts an adults only HBO show and was clearly trying to make a joke not throw it out as an insult.