PewDiePie made $4 million last year

I know! I loved his stand up too.

YouTube “celebrity” drama with the vloggers makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Watched the “iDubbz/Tana” “controversy” on Reddit when it was trending and I did not understand any of it.

PewDiePie uploaded a video slamming the media for attacking him and he asserted that he’ll continue to be as offensive as he wants because in 2017 he’s fighting the good fight against.

[quote]
“I truly believe these articles slamming people like me for these topics, they’re doing more harm than good. They’re doing more harm than I’m doing by saying them. I think being the political correctness police is essentially just going to fuck us all over, and this year, 2017 I decided I’m taking a stance back, I’m going to be true to myself. I want to do the sense of humor that I enjoy, and this is the price for it, I’m fine with that.”[/quote]

He subsequently removed that video.

But this is the internet, and PewDiePie should know better. Nothing gets deleted.

These guys live in a strange alternate world where they’re forced to make content that appeals to 14 year olds since that is their “demo”, so they make tons of LOL videos of shitty B games with rag doll physics over and over. And it’s all an act. At some point they can’t do it anymore and they crack. For some reason I watched a PewDeiPie video for 5 minutes a couple weeks ago and he was basically complaining that everything he did was fake and he hated the games he was playing and so he wanted to “be real” again. It seems like he’s acting out. I can be a rebel too!

Thing is Bozo the Clown doesnt get be real. That’s not his “job”. What’s sort of galling to these young YouTube celebrities is that half of their career is because they’re cute and the other half is because they’re LOL. OTOH there are the lifestyle YouTubers who do nothing but take carefully curated videos of their day to day life and they also get millions of views, and it seems like that’s the “end” goal for every successful YouTuber. Here’s me in the morning drinking coffee! Here I’m driving to Starbucks! Here I am at the gym! Here I’m meeting ppl at a club tonight! Amazing lifestyle vlog, would watch again.

I’m clearly too old. @Enidigm’s entire post reads like “reasons Western civilization must fall in order for the species to survive.”

You mean post-industrial hellscape where all content is curated, where everyone works alone in a room talking to themselves in a camera, appearance is first, being photogenic second, and being popular everything? Where nothing matters but views, and you’re willing to do literally anything to get them?

Oh right, that’s not a dystopian novel I’m writing, that’s the real world. Get em mixed up you know.

Replace Western Civilization with Everyone and Species to Planet and we’re in agreement.

PewDiePie just posted a new video response to this mess by taking a page from Trump.

It’s the media’s fault.

https://youtu.be/lwk1DogcPmU

At least he didn’t call it the jewish media, like that archive link. I mean, look at the comments. They are overtly nazi. Not just white nationalistic, or white supremicist, but literally using nazi german terms.

Playing the victim card. Go to Syria and be a refugee and see what a real fight for life is. Or get a disease that puts you in immense pain where you see your own mortality each day you wake up. People like him make me sick.

54 million subs, mostly kids, influenced by this idiot’s behavior. The End is nigh!

Pretty much. Took no responsibility and blamed everyone except himself.

He asked “what can I do about this?” How about don’t play the victimized, “poor me” douche card? That’s something that would earn him some respect right off the bat. His popularity is a total mystery to me.

Spends most of the time talking about how the media is out to get him. Sorry to break it to you PewDiePie, the reason I think you may be an insufferable douche is because of the video you just made.

The missing context is pretty eye-rolling. He made a video where he tried to pay people 5 dollars on a freelance site to do humiliating or dangerous things. Drink Bleach was one (that nobody did). Holding up signs talking about killing all the Jews was on the list and people did it for five bucks. Dude making 20+ million a year mocking people desperate for five bucks… classy. Yeah it’s nothing terrible but don’t be surprised when Disney isn’t psyched about it.

I already see it.

The next generation is going to act like r/kappa.

At this point the only message you can send is that this sort of thing is unprofitable, but I don’t even know if that will matter- because it is profitable enough. It would take a heavily left-authoritarian state to stop this, and such a state would be very unpopular, and deservedly so.

Okay so look I’m hearing you guys on this thing and I definitely want all people to die out forever. . .but man, attractive photogenic people sure are nice to look at. There was a span during which my gf took more selfies than breaths and I praise the lack of a god in this universe every day for the bountiful wealth that provided.

WSJ deserve to be blamed here is they did what he says they did. And he did apologize too.

I disagree. This was legitimately newsworthy once Stormfront branded themselves “the #1 internet pewdiepie fansite” in their front page banner.

It was like 5 seconds of “I may have gone too far” out of an 11 minute rant.

Uh, he joked and idiots took it seriously. Too bad, still not nazi though, and attempts to portray him as that are bullshit.

The rant was justified. They treated him like shit. Lenght of apology is irrelevant.

I guess we disagree at a fundamental level then. I think the WSJ did their job, and he’s angry they screwed up his sweet deal.