Phantom Console at E3?

One of my favorite sites www.whereisphantom.com has been down a long time now. I miss all the outting stuff they did of Tim Roberts and Infinium.

What really strikes me as funny, is all the talk of the big consoles, and yet not a single word from ANYONE about Phantom… Also looks like their stock is about to hit a new all-time low.

I wonder how much Kevin Bacchus kicks himself every day for leaving Microsoft for this group?

Scamming the masses…

I did a little checking and I guess they weren’t at E3? http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/19/technology/personaltech/e3_phantom/

However, they have E3 pictures on their front page… (FROM LAST YEAR) --> or has their site been like that for an entire year?

I’m curious how many millions of investor dollars Tim Roberts kept for himself…

Word is that they’re about to go out of business. Can’t secure funding. Gee, I wonder why… they’ve done GREAT with their funding so far. :roll:

I was at the intial launch of this product at a place called Full Sail in orlando florida. Our intial impressions were that the people producing were absolutly clueless, and the owner/presdent who was giving the demonstration seemed like one of those slimy con-man types right out of a hollywood movie.

The fact that its tanking is of absolutly no surprise.

They definitely weren’t at E3 this year. I played some games on one last year and it wasn’t as terrible as everyone thought it was. There were some decent, older games on there, and the lap pad/keyboard was actually pretty cool for sitting on a couch. The thing I just couldn’t get past, and I suspect that this is the thing that would ultimately kill them, is the pricing. It was so completely out of whack and expensive relative for what you were getting. If they could have made it affordable they might have tapped that casual gamer crowd if they had launched it a couple of years ago. But now you’ve got cheap current-gen consoles whose prices are guaranteed to drop again once the next gen stuff comes out. Then combine that with a healthy selection of $20 “Greatest Hits” games, rentals from Blockbuster, used games from EB/GameStop, and rent-by-mail services like GameFly. There’s no way people would pay the prices Phantom was asking now, if they ever would have.

Hey, I got the glowy T-shirt from last year…now I don’t care if they go out of business. :)

I got mine last year as well, but best of all, I saw one being worn this year-- man, I sooo should have worn mine this year too.

The weird thing is that they had a working demo version at this year’s CES.

The whole company can burn to the ground for all I care…

…as long as somebody secures the rights and markets that sweet keyboard/mouse control unit :P

they should have marketed and sold the lapboard to pc gamers. They’d have been in kentia, but I think they’d have been moderately successful at that.

the console? pffft.

If I remember correctly, Infinium couldn’t even afford their own booth at CES, the one unit they had on display was among dozens of machines at the Windows Embedded booth, and it was running a non-interactive demo.

If I remember correctly, Infinium couldn’t even afford their own booth at CES, the one unit they had on display was among dozens of machines at the Windows Embedded booth, and it was running a non-interactive demo.[/quote]

I saw a CES video which had a guy interacting with the Phantom, :?

The Phantom was at E3. It was in Kentia hall sitting next to the Indrema and the Red Jade.

K

If I remember correctly, Infinium couldn’t even afford their own booth at CES, the one unit they had on display was among dozens of machines at the Windows Embedded booth, and it was running a non-interactive demo.[/quote]

I saw a CES video which had a guy interacting with the Phantom, :?[/quote]
You could be right. I might have been thinking about the CES pre-show.