Phoenix Point - new Julian Gollop turn-based strategy game

I’ve run out of plot :/

I’ve researched everything I was supposed to research, been everywhere… I did skip one Symes mission as I found where to go from the first one… but otherwise everything’s done, the ODI is at 92% and I don’t know what to do now :/

Blech. The clock ran down and I never found out what I was supposed to be doing next. I think that was attempt 4.

I’ll be putting this down now. I’m not convinced the strategy layer adds up to anything, and the tactical side is repetitive, given there seems to be one obvious approach there. It’s due for patching alongside the first DLC but I don’t know if I’ll bother. When the optimal strategy of your alien-fighting game appears to be to avoid fighting aliens, I don’t think that’s ideal.

• Blood and Titanium DLC releases in 1 week (March 4), along with update for base game
  • DLC and update each contain a new sub-faction
  • Various shortcomings of the game are addressed by the dev in the video

This is really a game I will wait until it’s on Steam, when all dlcs are released and it’s all properly updated.

I did not do that, and I kind of wish I had.

I couldnt wait…and mostly glad of it. :)

I cant wait to play it again when the expansion lands on the 4th :)

I see leveling up now just gets you 20 pts to spend, but you also get 10 per mission. Alien evolution is more time based and less based on the number of missions done too.

Edit: As of tomorrow anyway :)

Ahhh, so impatient to start a new game :)

Am I the only one that finds the new stuff too fiddly?

Im very much looking forward to the bionics! I have a feeling I’m going to be making my people all bionic. I like the addition of the two new factions. The rest of the play changes…Im not sure about till i try it

I feel like the unpatched version was amazing finding all those overpowered combos. I kept discovering new ones till the end of the game. I will always have fond memories of that, and try to look at this new play through as a reboot lol

Oh, wow, that’s out tomorrow! Sweet!

I’ve been holding out for when they make stealth more viable, but I guess this DLC will do instead.

-Tom

Right there with you Tom! :)

In fact, I was so itchy to play it (while at work), i passed by the reddit for the game, and glad i did. Saw this notice

"The Blood and Titanium DLC contains some narrative missions for The Pure subfaction. These missions give certain technologies as a reward, which are required to complete The Pure story arc. These missions are time-sensitive once they appear on the Geoscape, and should be responded to ASAP.

If these missions are missed, don’t worry - it is still possible to obtain the required tech in other ways (such as through stealing and reverse engineering).

We will be releasing a hotfix next week to provide a timer for the player to see how long is remaining to complete the missions."

Played a few hours tonight, enjoying, and feels the same (but faster load times and less glitches) so far, Have to go to bed sadly, old and have to get up early :)

Ok there are still a few OP combos left lol. I’ve got rally the troops on 4 of my guys and it turns a few of my guys into near endless turns. Add Dash and a few rapid clearance and you can finish a map in a single turn.

The techs have been buffed with a endless heal power (cost 2 ap) so more utility now. Rage burst with the above means you can still kill a boss in a single turn.

Loving it just as much as before, despite the nerfs, mainly because i’ve found all new OPs to play with, a few other possible OPs, trying to figure out if they are viable.

Played most of the way through on the new version. It’s better - a more reasonable curve with fewer spikes, but many significant issues remain. The mortar enemies still ruin the game and the UI is still both badly designed and buggy.

I lost all of last night to this. What a great game. The originator of the genre showing everyone how it should be done, yet again. Really enjoying this so far.

Oh fyi re: gender comments above. You can edit a soldiers gender / name, appearance anytime you like now. No idea when this was added but fyi .

As far as I recall it was always that way. But people just glossed over it in the character screen.

I think it was broken at one point and was fixed in the big update.