Phoenix Point - new Julian Gollop turn-based strategy game

My last comment on this: An act of bad faith likes this is rarely an isolated action. If this is how Snapshot is going to do business, it’s not going to matter much what platform the final product ends up on, I doubt it’ll be anything I want to play. And that year of free DLC? I’m sure that’ll turn out great.

Where do you get your info that Epic’s store only supports Windows? I suspect this is false information. For example, look at the current free game (Slime Rancher), on the product details page there is a Mac tab.

It supports Mac

I guess I should have worded it differently. The store can be installed on Windows and Mac and thus it can of course run any game there. My point is that Epic doesn’t care about these platforms while Steam was using its own resource to make Linux gaming viable (that’s the kind of “support” I had in mind). You might even argue that any dev going to Epic’s store has now even less incentive to work on alternatives , especially with deals/“insurances” like this one in place (and I think exactly this happened in the case of Phoenix Point).

Did the refund thing. Supposed to have my money by Monday. They can’t refund the credit card you used, so are using Transferwise and I had to give them banking info.

That make sense since they never had payment information in the first place. That was all handled by Fig.

Me too. I’m sure the Epic store is just fine and the fact they give more money to the developers is a step above Steam which means it needs to succeed. The rage over Epic vs. Steam store is odd since Epic is trying to be the good guy here to cement a place in the digital distribution space. UBIsoft and EA don’t give developers nearly as much money so once again… Epic seems like a good group to support if you want developers to keep as much of their proceeds as possible.

That being said, I didn’t realize how much I subconsciously depended on Steam reviews til I went to Epic store and didn’t see any. It’s like being a bit blind.

Lot of cool new stuff and Backer Build 4!

The hill this title has to climb now to impress me is steep.

At great risk of coming across as a sell out, I am still interested and impressed with the game.

I agree with you, I really don’t care about all this Epic store kerfuffle. Looking forward to a great game.

Yeah, I’m old fashioned like that.

When asked if I’d be interested in giving you money to help make a game I really did want to see made and I say yes, to subsequently be told you never needed my money in the first place is insulting. You got this game development off the ground with my help and then flipped me the bird is how I see it.

Not to worry, there’s an easy solution, never kickstart another game. Viola problem solved. In that sense you’re both right, this is a minor inconvenience and nothing of any particular consequence.

I don’t think anyone said that in the last few comments. I understand why people would be upset, but am still excited.

As for Kickstarter, I have no doubt you are not alone in that sentiment and there are much worse examples to note. After getting burned a few times, I just tend to look at it as a “donation.”

Fair enough, so I’ll pull us back on topic. Who is firing up build 4 today, want to hear what you think.

Going to try to, I think! Want to see if theres enough there now to stream

You’re not a sellout. I was an original backer, and yes I’m a little steamed that I have to wait a year to get the game on a platform that was originally promised. But it’s still looking good and I am glad for that.

I haven’t backed it.

It’s rare indeed that I buy or pre order anything these days.*

At best it gets pushed onto my long wishlist…

I’m. Not even trying to be snobby, I just don’t have the time to play everything that grabs my attention.

*I preordered Planetfall though.

Planetfall is the game this year I’m most jazzed about. I really need to work on forgetting about it though so I don’t get myself over hyped about it.

Gosh Krazy that is super amazing.: “the aliens spent 99 % of the time doing what?” Opening crates? Sometimes I don’t quite get gamer lingo…But whatevs. Wow Krazy that is a super giant review!

(I played a bit of some action rpgs this weekend – I explored some crates… )

That game must be close to release (ty Krazy for the clarification). I need to review the thread a bit – is that one of those epic games exclusives?

Thx Krazy that makes sense.