Photoshop Lightroom vs. Paint Shop Pro for value

I bought Lightroom at the educational price and all they wanted was a .edu email address, as I recall.

You can also get academic pricing if you have a kid enrolled in school – even grade school. I emailed them a scan of an enrollment letter I got from my kid’s principal and they approved the purchase a few hours later.

Speaking of which, can I entice any students to buy the new Photoshop for me? :)

I’ve seen a lot of discussion about Lightroom on QT3, and digital developing from RAW files. I had a look at a freebie RAW image manipulator called RAW Therapee since free was a much better price than $300. I wasn’t too impressed. It was much like the RAW processor that came with Elements.

As there is a free trial, I recently downloaded LR3 and used it for 30 days. I don’t qualify for any of the discounts, but decided it was worth paying the full fare for this. Library management and workflow allow me to go through my images way faster than I could have managed with Elements.

BTW, if you’re not a student but you have a DSLR and no Lightroom 3, this egregious problem can be remedied for a mere $119 today. Lightroom 3 is Amazon’s Gold Box deal for $119.

That is an awesome price for great software.

Lightroom is excellent. I used PSP7 for a few years but the newer ones had too many issues.

I used to be a big fan of PSP (though not to do quite the same sort of stuff as Lightroom), but Corel really fucked it up bad after they aquired JASC.

Absolutely. I tried to get my step father photographer into PSP after the Corel deal but it just had too many issues so he ponied up and got PS instead.

I still use PSP 9 (the last good one, Corel PSP X is where Corel touched it too much).

Bump.

Playing around with Lightroom 3 (on pc).
How the hell do I get it to deal with my NAS? That’s where I keep my photos and that’s where I want to import to - not my Pictures folder on C, which is a bloody SSD.

Perhaps I’m being stupid, but I can’t get it to work.
I finally made it catalog my photo folder on the NAS and figured I could import manually and just have Lightroom watch the folder and update the catalog on a regular basis… can’t get that to work either.

Reported for spam, posts this link all over the net.

Uh, what???

I hate missing the fun.