Picard show confirmed

Exactly. From what I read, the Titan is less an exploratory ship and more of a “doing the business of supporting Starfleet and the Federation” in Federation and nearby systems, which is why she has such big impulse engines. Therefore, I’d love to see a weekly, Strange New Worlds/TNG-style weekly adventures of the Titan.

First order of business now that Captain Shaw is gone is to turn on the lights and up the themostat. That old cheapskate.

That actor, Todd Stashwick, has been in a lot of stuff in recent years, including a number of sci-fi shows: the 100 briefly, the 12 Monkeys series, a few other things, and he has both good screen presence and great line delivery. But his role as Shaw is his best. He’s an a-hole, somewhat, but only partly mostly b/c he’s not buying the Picard legend (and it should be noted that Picard did in fact board his ship under false pretenses). But he’s a competent a-hole who can be worked with and he has great chemistry with Jeri Ryan.

As to Ryan, she should get her own show. Captain Seven of the Titan!

Shaw started growing on me over time. Then seeing the Ready Room interview with Todd Stashwick, it was fun to see he’s a Trek fan who was excited to play a Vulcan/Romulan on Enterprise and is still amazed he gets to be a captain.

Another good interview with him here:

I hope he makes it through. His deadnaming Seven was due to his Borg trauma, and his reticence to put his crew at risk is also a result of that, and is right up there with James T Kirk’s “I’m responsible for 430 lives” mantra. We expect our captains to dive head-first into the maw of danger, but realistically, I’d appreciate a captain who considers the risk.

I was just thinking I can’t believe this is the same show that had a romulan ninja as a main character.

I’m genuinely sad this is the last season. They should have started with this.

They totally could have. The only thing that would have to change so far is Shaw (I think?) teasing Picard about actually being an android. And honestly, I didn’t appreciate that reminder. I’d rather pretend the first two seasons didn’t happen.

Edit: Oh, and I guess they couldn’t have Rafi. Or would at least have to first introduce her somehow.

Probably the likely outcome that he’ll die, but I’d actually really love to see him as the captain in a Titan show after whatever character growth he goes through the rest of this season. Not that Seven wouldn’t be a good captain, Shaw would just be unique compared to the primary captains we’ve had in the past.

Maybe Picard will die (uh, decommission? Run out of batteries?) and Shaw can be the new captain of the Enterprise.

Oh man, you almost made me laugh out loud. Which would have been hard to explain, since I’m at work.

I wonder who the Captain of the Enterprise actually is in this era. Or if there even is an Enterprise.

I would too, ultimately, but I don’t trust this show not to kill him.

There is, it was in the trailer. Apparently, the captain is an Andorian, but that’s all we know right now.

He has grown on me but the way they presented him early on was complete shite. I’ll get to the Picard situation in a minute but how he treated Riker, a legacy captain of his very ship was crap. Now I understand his issues with the Borg but his problem with Picard when he was Locutus is also crap. As a starfleet captain, he has to understand that Picard was a victim as much as anyone involved. If he doesn’t understand that he should not be captaining a ship. His treatment of Seven falls under the same thing. She was even more of a victim than Picard. His disrespect was a real issue for me. Now I have no problem with him calling Picard and Riker out for their individual and collective shenanigans and I fully understand him wanting to protect his ship and crew. They should have just gone with that as his motivation and left the other stuff behind. It was bad writing placed so the viewer would develop enough hate for him that his redemption arc would have real impact. I just felt it was poorly done and felt manufactured. His attitude since though has been spot on.

Oh yeah his redemption, such as it might be, has clearly been telegraphed. This show is terrible at subtlety.

That said, someone in FB came up with an interesting theory as to Jack’s behavior and red eyes: Pah Wraiths.

Yeah quite a few are speculating that Avery Brooks is going to make a shock appearance at some point.

— Alan

“Curse your sudden but inevitable cameo!”

Boy, does she have her late dad’s nose.

BTW if there’s anyone out there who has yet to see him in the film Remember, that person should go and correct that immediately.

It clearly wasn’t a rational anger, but anger often isn’t. Isn’t his issue with Picard identical to Sisko’s? Granted, that was much more recent for Sisko, but maybe that whole issue bubbling unresolved for 20+ years really messed with him. But then how did he rise to captain a ship?

Indeed, that was a great movie.

Fan art, but we can hope.

“This place, Ten Forward, is very special to me. There’s nowhere else in the 25th century where we can do product placement.”

Welcome to Carl’s Jr. Would you like to try our EXTRA BIG ASS TACO? Now with more MOLECULES!