Pick Your Fave MST3K Episode!

Mitchell, probably because it was actually trying to be a “real” movie.

I bet that guy had Renaissance Festival written all over him.

I’ll go out on a limb and say my favorite episode was Monster A Go Go(Which can be found continently at hulu). I find it really similar to Manos but they seem to have a bit more material to work with. Plus the short “Circus on Ice” is spectacular. The first time I watched it I was laughing so hard I had to pause the tape for ten minutes.

As far as worst episode goes I would have to say that Red Zone Cuba gives The Starfighters a run for it’s money. Also if you ever have a chance to watch one of the KTMA episodes, don’t.

“Even my mom would be bored by this.”

Some of mine have already been mentioned. I also really enjoyed The Pumaman. And whatever episode had Mr. B Natural.

“That hurt; I’m all messed up inside… If only an androgynous man would come and visit mee.”

One of my favorites is Time of the Apes, which Qt3 helped me find.

Why doesn’t Johnny care?

I think we had a thread about this before. But you can never have enough MST3K.

I just watched “Warrior of the Lost World” this weekend. So good. Even the skits were funny!

Still, my favourites are still “Cave Dwellers”, “Space Mutiny”, and “The Creeping Terror”:

Narrator: Bradford dismissed Martin’s theories by pointing out that the creature was not exhibiting any signs of violence.
Crow: Aside from eating people.

[The monster crawls overtop a convertible and starts eating the teenagers inside.]
Bots: Mike? Mike? Mike!
Mike: You see guys, when a monster and a small car love each other very much…

In connection with the RIP Peter Graves thread:

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature, and because of it the greatest in the universe…

Probably not my favorite, but I recently watched Final Justice and it really had me going. All of the Joe Don Baker jokes were great.

I just saw Zombie Nightmare and it is indeed amazing. A good 1/2 to 2/3rds of the ones on Netflix Instant Watch are damn good. If only there were more…

It looks like Netflix starts streaming a couple of new episodes a month. Starting tomorrow, they’re streaming Blood Waters of Dr. Z and The Final Sacrifice, and they have The Crawling Eye and The Beatniks listed as coming soon. I haven’t seen any of them expire from the site once they’ve been put up, so hopefully they’ll stick around.

Like many on this board, my favorite episode is Space Mutiny. I remember taping it three times, and then editing out the commercials, so that I could get friends into the show. (I was fairly obsessed with the show for a few years.) I think my second favorite episode is probably Cave Dwellers, although I have a soft spot in my heart for the Prince of Space / Invasion of the Neptune Men dualogy.

I also remember loving the two Joel-era Godzilla episodes, as I had watched a lot of Godzilla movies when I was young. But I haven’t seen them in years; I don’t know if they’ve aged well.

Werewolf.

If only for the girl-band song. “Oh where oh where is my werewolf?”

Outlaw.

#1 with a bullet.

Cabot, Tubular Boobular Joy, Jack Palance, Midgets, and Liturgical Dance.

#2 for me would be Girl’s Town.
"That’s where my velvet fog emanates from.

#3: It’s Gamera vs Gaos.

Gamera was my favorite giant monster when I was a little kid, and discovering that the two alien women are voiced by southern actresses was too delicious. Also: Corn Job, Michael Stipe, and Michael Feinstein singing the Gamera theme song…

#4: The Girl in Lover’s Lane. “Big Stupid to the rescue!”

I like my MST3K episodes like I like my BBQ sauce, BOLD! And extree BOLD!

I would have to go with Mitchell! It’s the only one I actually went out and bought.

Acid – Was that the werewolf one with Michael Landon throwing bottles of milk?

I have to share a favorite non-televised MST3K moment. From the MST3K episode guide, the entry for The Violent Years, written by show writer Paul Chaplin:

"As for The Violent Years, of course the scene for which this film became famous (around here anyway) is when Paula and her girl gang accost a young couple. The woman they tie up; the slim-hipped young man they lead into the shrubbery [at gunpoint] after making suggestive comments. The last thing we see is Paula slowly removing–never mind.

“ADVICE TO BOYS AND YOUNG MEN: Do not think about this scene. Put it out of your mind. Work at your studies. Concentrate on your prayer life, and don’t let your mind wander. Regardless of what you think MAYBE happens after the fade-out, it’s not real. It doesn’t exist in the world. Never has, never will. And it certainly won’t happen to you.”

Werewolf, or Space Mutiny.

“Werewolf” (which I just watched last week) was the one with Joe Estevez in a weird bit role as an American Indian, a largely European (with accents) cast playing a theoretically southwestern American group of people, no plot to speak of, and werewolf bones that infected people. Theoretically it’s a “skinwalker”, not the more traditional werewolf, but really it’s just a werewolf.

He triiiiiiiiiiiiiiied to kill me with a forklift! Woo hoo!