Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

and finished…

Steam says 78 hours, but there were many times I had it idling for hours - my guess is that it was closer to 50.

I only made it to level 15 playing on veteran difficulty. Other than the starting missions I pretty much just stuck to the Huana. For the most part most battles were pretty easy. Since I didn’t level as much as i could have, there were times the missions were 3 skulls. Sometimes they did have a difficult battle. The final one was a doozy that I lost the first time and when I fought it the second time I was very aggressive and won.

My party was Eder, Xoti, Tekehu, and Aloth. I thought they were all well done and enjoyed the conversations along the way.

In my final conversation at the end

I asked Eothas to consider taking pity on the souls stuck in the holding area, and he created a haven for them.

The biggest weakest of the game for me was the inconsistent challenge level. It really made it so I didn’t need to consider my actions in battle for much of the game. Also, I’d prefer a turn based system like in Divinity Original Sin - but I think the rest of PoE 2 is better. If I were to play again I wonder if I’d prefer just playing with 2 characters but multiclassing them.

The art was great in the game and I enjoyed going to new areas. I also love the conversation options based on skills and the personalty of my character.

I didn’t like the ship combat at all and avoid it where I could. I paid as little attention as I could to my ship and crew.

I hope I get to meet up with my party again in the DLC that will follow.