Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I am playing POE1, and I think it looks great. :)

A lot of younger people dislike isometric camera angles.

That’s probably (sadly) true. It’s my favorite viewing angle for games though, from RPGs to strategy games like AoW3. I mean, I am okay with first person and third person, don’t get me wrong (I love Skyrim, The Witcher 3, and etc.) but nothing beats Isometric for my money.

Yep , I blame hundreds of hours with Sim City 2000. :)

Not quite! It was a fighter/druid, the Warden!

Lol I had already watched it by the time I read your reply. Google algorithms are doing their job recommending new stuff for me to see.

LOL awesome! I completely forgot to update this thread. I am rendering a new video now, Transcendent and Scout. I’m a big fan of both these combinations. The Monk/Cipher in particular was a lot of fun for me to experiment with. It’ll be up on my channel in the next 10-15 minutes.

I wish I was better at creating videos or even timely screenshots. What happens when your unarmed 9th level Dwarf Votary punches things with fists ignited by Flames of Devotion when his Might is at 37 and his Dex at 22?

LOL awesome.

How did you get your Might at 37?

Let me see if I can puzzle it out.

+2 Starting Might for base 20. +5 more from an Inspiration. +10 more from Helwalker. Well, that’s 35 already. Is that what you did? I can only imagine the damage output on that, crimany.

+2 from eating pork. . .bacon, it makes everything better. But you were right on everything else. I think it’s a passive that when I crit the toon gets to attack again, so in the beta if the Votary crits the mob dies, especially once his Might starts getting up to around 30. I’ve seen 4 crits in a row during some fights

The +5 was from the clerical spell Champion’s Boon. But 40 is do-able with a few magic items in the main game, just gotta watch the +50% dmg coming in with 10 wounds. I typically burn that off with some monk skills, but I took the passive that lowers the barrier for gaining wounds (figured it’s a good way to keep monk skills that use wounds powered up).

Don’t forget there is now a cap on stats, and I think high 30’s is approaching it. It’s in the patch notes I think.

But even so, getting into the high 30’s and scoring several crits with a Votary is… well, insane. And awesome.

I Googled and the notes say capped at 35. I either misread or that’s going to be implemented in the full game but didn’t make it into the beta.

But that’s OK either way. This build, once he has a magic item with +2 Might, will start each fight at 25 and climb from there as wounds come in. The dmg is nuts, and with +20 accuracy from Flames of Devotion he doesn’t miss that much. And each fist gets a hit with that skill, as opposed to only one hit during a normal auto-attack.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the Votary’s armor rating was at 15 since I pulled in exceptional plate via a cmd line and went Goldpact pally. My marked enemy skill is the one that refunds the zeal point once the mob dies.

New Community Code for the Scavenger Hunt.

Ksucnw

Thanks Scott

Fun video to watch.

Yeah, that was the crazy guy that did the stream right after they announced the Critical Role crew doing voices in the game - they are voicing everyone in that party. Except for the armored guys kind of schtick wearing out quickly and them rushing through the area, it was a great video with lots of fun moments and cool bits that make me excited for the full version. For instance, everything is voiced in this demonstration and while I wouldn’t have cared one way or the other on paper, having it all fully voiced (and playing the sparsely voiced PoE1 like I was doing last weekend) I really appreciate how it turned out.

I put together a Ranger/Paladin combo for today’s video for everyone to enjoy!

Watching all of Scott’s videos for POE2 is starting to get me really psyched for the game. Do you think the current discounted price on Greenman gaming is reasonable? With their discount code you can get the base game for around $39. That assumes you’re one of those people who has to buy it when it releases and can’t wait six months for patches etc. to land.

The last time I was sure I could get a discount when a game launched I ended up buying DOS2 for I guess the steam 10% discount. So I’d rather get it a little cheaper if possible.

The Shepherd is a fun build. I went Stalker and Kindly Wayfarers for subclasses since I also went dual sabre wielding. The proximity with the pet (lion) gives bonuses, and since flames of devotion will always be used it heals allies around me, so some nice synergy there. It’s a neat combo, and mobs really do take a lot of dmg with those multiple marks on them.

Good God, what is happening in this thread?

I wonder how many “Boaty McBoatface” ships we’ll have…