Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

You could get it on cdkeys.com for $32 last I checked. Not sure how you feel about that site.

And, yes, Scott’s straightforward descriptive videos are not only very informative, but they do a great job of getting me hyped for the game. Same thing happened for PoE 1. Damn you, Scott. ;)

Josh Sawyer is demoing the clicky-est keyboard on the planet.

LMAO That’s the truth. I meant to comment on that myself.

Two more codes:

4eVMKu
SNGVTh

They were found in Instagram ads that just had a static image of the title, nothing worth sharing imo.

Stream tomorrow from Obsidian direct at 4pm PT (6pm CT) though, showing off a new area and doing another Q&A.

Deadfire DLC info!

The time table for these is pretty aggressive. I think each is supposed to be about the length of The White March (part 1 or part 2, either are about the same in terms of length/content iirc) so I feel well justified paying $20 for the season pass. Having all three by the end of the year I didn’t see coming (assuming they can hold to that time table, of course).

I really hope they can as I committed to the season pass myself even though I never finished the first game and never went back after White March was released (even though I bought it).

My main concern in purchasing a season pass is my tendency to just be done and never go back but if the DLC comes quickly enough maybe I can get some of it in. And if it doesn’t, well, I still enjoyed the first game enough and got a lot of hours out of it, worth the extra $20.

That’s sweet news to have the expansions coming this year. I’m always a little saddened when I hear expansions don’t build on the existing storyline and instead just build the world around it, but hopefully they’re connected enough to not seem out of place. If they’ve got that same quality we’ve seen so far all polished up, I’m not worried over whether I’ll enjoy them.

I like my Shepherd build so much I’m now torn over whether it will be first or the Votary. The latter deals more dmg, but the first one has some really nice synergy, a pet, and still deals really good dmg. The Votary is basically mark + flames of devotion > repeat until dead.

Why do pallies have to be so useful to have around?

The Transcendent Monk just seems tailor made for me. Wade in, punch people, then do some cipher magic and mess them up.

There’s also a cipher subclass that seems like it would go well with an assassin. Speaking of monks though:

I put one together this morning that covers a Sorcerer (special nod to anyone that gets the reference to her name) and another look at the Psyblade, this time built as a Black Jacket ranged character.

In addition, I cover how camping works in the game, as well as answer questions about power levels, character resource pools, and empowered abilities that you guys all know already but may still get some info out of.

A great article!

It’s been a long time since I played PoE1. Any idea how much it would enhance the experience to have the PoE1 story and characters fresh in my head when I play PoE2? I’m hoping it doesn’t matter too much because I think I’d get burned out playing PoE1 now and 2 when it comes out soon.

I was wondering this myself, because reading through the “import choices” I don’t remember like… half of them? But I don’t think it’s going to make a massive difference. I mean, you’ll enjoy picking up on stuff you did or recall from your time with the first game of course, but I think that’s a net positive from a neutral state. By contrast, I don’t believe not remembering stuff is going to take away from the experience.

That said, a simple read on a wiki to recap things might not be a terrible idea. I started over a new game and had completely forgotten about the Saint’s War, for instance, and I suspect a lot of those things will be referenced. But with the new tool tip system borrowed from Tyranny, I’m hopeful anything we may not remember will be easily picked up on by simply taking the time to hover over those highlighted text options and talking to NPCs.

That’s a good point. Also, I still enjoyed The Witcher 3 even though I didn’t remember much from 1 and 2. I guess I won’t sweat it.

Something else I just realized you could do, is if you have your poe1 save load it up and read your journal. It tracks all the decisions you made along the way as an ongoing story, if I remember right?

That is a good idea! I’ll have to check that out. Thanks!

Some of the extras may be good reading material too, like the Digital Campaign Almanac.

New code found here:

i2MrLF