Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Party AI in particular completely transformed the game for me.

That and cheating.

They also had that awesome bug at launch where permanent stat bonuses from quests were not being applied. And since you had already completed the quest, there was no way to get the bonuses again with that save game. You had to start over.

I had one friend quit the game over that. Fallout 2 all over again.

That’s why I always a wait a week or 2 before starting big RPGs. Games that big are always going to have bugs. Of course I waited over a year to really play PoE, and it was well worth it, everything was ironed out and there was new content by the time I played.

I backed 2, but won’t be playing it at launch.

I’ve been debating adding the 3 DLC pass ($20 USD) to my pledge since I’m bound to play this to death. I wish there was some guidance on how much that would save me from buying the DLC (in CAD) as they come along, or even what the DLC will be. White March quantity and quality will be insta-buys but the term DLC is everything from a single item to full-fledge expansions. I’m a bit trusting of these folk, but still, the industry has me wary.

I didn’t even know that was an option. I grabbed the DLC pack for $20. :)

Also if anyone wants a standard edition digital copy of the game, it seems backers can buy extra copies for $30 a pop. I’d be happy to help a Qt3er get it at this price.

If the DLC’s are as big and excellent as White March Part 1 and 2 but there are three of them this time? $20 is going to be a steal. Also, $20 now helps pay them in advance to make the DLC’s better, so consider it an investment. I imagine the DLC’s will be $10 each, so it’s going to be pure savings. Plus, imagine not having to worry about anything but launching the game when they drop, since they’ll just auto update to your game while your at work that day!

For the lazy, do you know the deadline for paying the $20, Scott? Would rather wait until my budget resets on the 1st.

That’s a good question, but I think it’s safe to assume you have until it goes live. There isn’t a season pass option on the store page (yet) except buying the most expensive Obsidian Edition, and I think it’s sort of odd to be honest. If you can buy it on their backer portal, why not also on Steam?

I also just realized typing that, since they are working on generating keys for backers already, it’s possible the deadline to buy from the backer portal is “once we generate keys” but I’m not sure how that all works.

Yeah, I don’t even know why I was debating with myself on this. There’s no one I’d rather have take my money so went ahead and grabbed the DLC ($25.41 CAD). I’m fine with it, even if it’s not the size of WM. I want a PoE3 and if this helps in any way to support its creation, so be it!

I’ve pre-ordered the Elite + Statue version, along with the DLC and returning companion miniatures. All of which is well over $200.

How do you add the DLC pack to an existing pledge? Can’t find it on Fig anywhere.

It’s on Obsidian’s backer portal.

So as a “non-backer,” it’s $50 for the base game and $75 for the “Obsidian Edition” with the three DLC.

I’m inclined to just buy the DLC on a Steam sale.

Where? I can’t find it.

Did you import your fig investment into an obsidian pre-order yet?

Yeah, months back when they emailed me about it. I can get to this page but can’t click on the little addons button.

You should be able to buy it from that page, if not I’d maybe hit up customer service.

I sent customer service a note.

Just ordered it, budget be damned. (Thanks for the info Scott!)