Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Missing code turned out to be mfvU5r

mccoy%20fascinating

Thanks for the links, all.

The +2 Power Level might really be something to keep in mind for toon creation with nature godlikes. It’s why I switched my battlemage build over last night after clicking through every race.

It seems like resolve is really going to be a dump stat, is that right?

Unfortunately it kind of feels that way. I’m not a fan of Might being the de facto dmg boost to everything, just doesn’t feel right, and the previous beta showed a better use of Resolve IMO.

Resolve is really important for bonus to deflection. Mathematically even a +5 from Resolve 15 is a pretty big swing. But the reduction in hostile effects is really good, too. I don’t know if I’d want to dump Resolve and then have a blind effect go from 5 seconds to 8 seconds, for instance.

I never liked it, but for the most part it’s not a big deal. It just feels weird that fire wizards tend towards massively jacked dudes.

It’s “spiritual” might, as well as physical! Or something. Meh, it’s fine. It makes melee/spell casting characters viable again.

That’s the upside that makes me not really care in the end.

The conjuror’s familiar adds some nice bennies. I’ve cast it 4x now and gotten 4 different summons, each doing different things, but they all add +1 power level. That along with the nature godlike’s boost is +2 PL for this build at all times, which is nice.

Holy Slayer will still be my first build though.

I wonder what a Howler plays like (Barbarian-Cipher.)

Looks like each Inspiration on the nature godlike adds +1 power level. My battlemage I’m testing is seeing PL 7 during fights on both fighter and wiz pools at character level 7.

I believe it’s just a flat +2 with any inspiration. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was already nerfed down to +1 PL, it’s a super strong effect and easy to induce.

EDIT:
Also, playing around with spells I wouldn’t normally mess with I’m finding a lot of gems. For instance, “Minor Arcane Reflection” is kind of freaking amazing. I mean, you have 100% chance to reflect spells for a very long duration, and it’s a not inconsiderable 15 levels of spells.

It casts VERY fast, too, so it can be something you drop in reaction to seeing an enemy mage casting at you!

Full Voice Over. Every single line of dialog.

That is sweet news.

Any additional codes over the 32/55 found in the last day? I checked the link above and it’s still on 32.

Nope, and I have to admit, I’m puzzled by that. We almost need one per day at this rate to have them all before launch day? Confusing, but maybe they plan on flooding us with content in the next few weeks.

Second look at (a more successful) Shadowdancer using the Monk (Helwalker) instead, and I show off the Skills in the game and talk a little about what I know of them.

Is it just me who thinks monks should always fight unarmed? I think I have 1st edition DnD monks permanently glued in my head.

I held onto that for a really long time, but playing PoE1 my first play through was a Monk and by the end of the game he had dual wielding sabers and was un-freaking-stoppable. SO much fun. I love they are a bit more versatile that way in this system.

How much Freedom will we have with the leveling up of the pre-made companions? Will we need to roll our own to have the party we want or she would be able to get close and still enjoy the companion quests?