Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Some of my guys have 5% resistance from a level up ability. I just checked their character sheet and I see the Light the Dawnstar adds 28% resistance against spells from Xoti’s Lantern. Apparently that means positive spells as well? That has to be doing more harm than good with my group, I like my buffs.

I’d think it’s a bug, but that’s just my gut feeling. I’ve never seen a buff not “stick”, at least. I’d throw that over on the official forums for someone to look at, just in case.

Vampires.

So nasty. Some high level areas feature them. You want some good fights? Do the “explore the un-mapped islands” quest chain you start in Queen’s Berth from the map maker guy, he’ll lead you to some rough end-game, optional fights!

Btw the berath’s blessing is 2 pts per stat listed I think. I may have to run another experiment.
How’s the magic item seller unlock ?

So, scuse me for being a noob.

In the Kraken’s eye I have earned a free room. You don’t use the room by resting in it, you have to go to the innkeeper. Innkeeper wants to charge me for the room. What?

Is there a good youtube video on getting up to speed with the combat system fast?

I think you are just freeing up a room so he will rent one out to you, not giving you a free room.

Where is he at?

Found 'em.

Wow, he has some amazing stuff, all reasonably priced.

He’s in the first town at the market. He sells some low-end mostly utility stuff for the most part. Which is good since there is a distinct lack of that sort of thing for a long time imo.

Yeah, some really nice early-game utility, but also some stuff I didn’t find until the end of the game. Those gloves for instance were late-game loot for me I’d have loved to have at the start! Cripes.

OK ty

Seriously, Concelhaut , guys? Finally, a decent fight.

I loved that.

Bastard took out both Aloth and Eder. Pallegina got Aloth back up but he went down again after slinging a few spells.

I’m still having very basic UI issues. How the hell do I disarm the traps I see? Where can I find details on customizing my combat moves?

Hover your cursor over the red trap space - it becomes a bear-trap looking icon. Click. If you have your entire party selected, the one with the best Mechanics score will be the one to attempt the disarm.

You’re going to need to be more specific, I don’t know what this means.

The AI scripting? Kadath might not know to go into the Character screen and click on the head symbol that’s beneath your portrait.

Yeah, how do I tell it which special attacks to use and such? There don’t seem to be any YouTube videos describing this. Is it all “just let the AI figure it out”?

I found the YouTube video @Scotch_Lufkin did on AI scripting was a good introduction. I always create custom AI scripts because I think the built-in ones try to do too much.

When I’m turning on the AI here’s what I do:

1. Select the character you want to mess with
  2. Click the head icon in the lower left of the screen to enable their AI
  3. Right click the head to bring up the AI editor
  4. Click the Behavior Editor button in this dialog
  5. (first time only) Click the + button on the lower-left side to make a brand-new behavior. It’ll be called something like “ Behavior”
  6. Click on it in the list to edit it - it should be empty
  7. Add rules (see Scott’s video)
  8. When done, close the behavior editor. This puts you back at the AI editor
  9. Select your new script for the character, get rid of any other,. I also select the “Use first script you find” from the dropdown. This is also where you set the character autoattack style (aggressive, defensive, defend self, passive).

I always make custom rules because I almost always just want them doing things like casting Second Wind or Shields or Buffs - but only those things. Oh, for a Chanter who summons I almost always put the summons in the script too. But most of the offensive spells/actions I control manually.

I even have this script set up for my Watcher, in case I get distracted with someone else!

I hope that’s what you asked!

Thanks. This video?

Yep, that’s the one.