Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I have and it’s neat, I like the combat mechanics quite a bit, but I don’t really like the puzzles and that game is deeply into it’s puzzles and out-of-combat challenges. Kind of wore me out after awhile.

Man, I’d love to do a front page spot, but no one at Obsidian has responded to any info requests and they haven’t posted anything official about it. I’m sure Pcgamesn isn’t making things up, but we’d really like a better source.

On the official forums it was commented they don’t open their office until 9am PST so the theory is PCGamesN jumped the gun with this article. I imagine they’ll have something official going out today.

OH MY GOD THIS IS HUGE! What are the chances they’d do the same for PoE?

I was actually hoping Owlcat would see this and work out how to make this happen for Pathfinder Kingmaker. The fans were begging for a turn-based mode prior to release, and if this succeeds in the way they want to (with the Divinity crowd) maybe that would be incentive for Pathfinder to get the treatment.

You guys want to see Turn-based mode in action?

I wish they would. I never finished PoE because I hated the combat. Sigh. I suppose it’s too late to expend the effort on it though.

Some additional details. It’s coming with the 4.1 update, but the mode itself is technically considered a “beta” and they want feedback. I assume this is because the turn based mode will be the way it works on consoles?

You have to select it at the start of the game, it changes way too many things to toggle between, sounds like.

Interesting. Very interesting.

Steam says I have 225 hours in the game. :/

Ridiculously amazing news. I just loathe RTwP and put up with it for games I want to play, whereas a good turn-based combat system is a giant draw for me. I’m so excited to give this game another go now!

Yeah, I’ll probably get the game now. I hate RTwP, and even hated it back in the Baldur’s Gate days. Pathfinder: Kingmaker looks great, but I am completely bored by the combat. I’d probably love the game if it was turn based.

Yay!! Bought it…it’s on sale in the Humble Store for the next day, btw.

OMG I could not be happier. I have always hated RTWP and just grit my teeth through it to play games like Baldur’s Gate, Pillars etc.

I’m re-installing now, in preparation for tomorrow’s patch.

Thanks for the heads up. Another game I wanted and missed the steam sale on was also on big discount

Release this on switch already so I can play it!

I think all the dlc for Pillars is out --so the game is officially “done”… this Tb thing is really unbelievable. I may call myself tomorrow and let myself know I won’t be coming to the office as I may be sick.

I’m trying to think of a new build to try with this mode and I’m drawing a blank. I’ve played so many at this point. I want to play maybe a combo of the new barb and rogue subclasses, but the barbarian skill tree is just so boring.