Pillars of Eternity

They need a bit more of time. Delayed

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?1996-Pillars-of-Eternity-Delayed&

“Since the very beginning of this project we promised our fans and ourselves that we would
release this game only when we knew it would be absolutely ready for the best experience
possible. We’re very close to that point, but not quite there yet. The feedback we have received
through our playtest process has been invaluable to us. We are coming into the home stretch
but are pushing the release out just a bit to make sure we honor that promise we made originally.
Thanks for your patience and support, it will be worth the wait.” – Feargus Urquhart, CEO Obsidian.

Not surprised. This year seemed ambitious with the updates they’ve released so far.

After Wasteland 2 missteps in bugginess and polish, it seems the right choice.

Wasteland 2 is easily my game of the year nonetheless. It will benefit from some additional work, but it’s still a fantastic experience. But yes, a delay for Pillars is a good idea.

Yeah. Just means an even longer wait for one of the few games I’ve backed to become real (dammitall, DFA doesn’t count yet!), but hoping that this ends up being as awesome as I envisioned when they first launched the KS.

Plus it’s Obsidian, and while I’m a big fan of their games they do tend to have quality control issues so more time spent polishing is probably a good thing.

I roll my eyes at delays these days (since they are almost always to be expected, especially with crowdfunded games), but I think it’s a good move to delay. As ydejin said, ironing out more of the wrinkles in the game can only be a good thing and the end of the year is plastered with big games for me that’d make playing one exclusively a bit difficult.

I am not sure if Wasteland 2 will be my GOTY but its right up there. They came a long way from the beta that I played. The Pillars beta was even worse off, I agree completely that a delay is in everyone’s best interest.

At least they got the title right.

These types of games basically require the public to test, a company couldn’t afford to keep them in house long enough to get right. Wasteland 2, from what I have read, is a poster child for this.

Obsidian especially is known for trying to account for all the possible branches you can take in an RPG and given the exponential rise in complexity with testing this style I have always cut them a lot of slack. Not that they couldn’t do better but there are just going to be bugs in the first edition released to the public. A lot of bugs.

Pre-order trailer.

Paradox and Obsidian have announced that this week they plan to reveal a wide array of never-before-seen game content via a live stream, hosted by Josh Sawyer, Project Director for Pillars of Eternity.

The live stream will air Thursday, November 13 at 1pm PST (22.00 CET) on the official Paradox Interactive Twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Man, that looks terrific. I hope it turns out as well as it has the potential to. It was the only game I ever kickstarted! :)

Got a raging boner from that trailer. Gonna watch it again.

Looks neat as a BG2-style game, but gives me no real ideal what PoE itself is about.

Yeah, the trailer doesn’t do much explaining but nevertheless, it made me want the daggone game now!

What are the current release rumors on this?

Oh I bought it ages ago.
I’d just like some idea about the story now :P

It’s coming early 2015 - as it’s already been delayed a few times, I suspect it will actually show up in the first three months of the year. The gameplay I experienced in the beta so far has been pretty well done, with the planned changes (slowing down combat, rebalancing skills/classes, etc.) sounding awesome on paper. It sounds like the game itself is done and playable start to finish, and has been for some time, so it should be well polished an run nicely once it comes out - in theory. I’m sure as most RPG’s it will have it’s fair share of issues, but hopefully it will be less like Wasteland 2/Dragon Age Inquisition and more like… uh, I’m drawing a blank on big, old-school RPG’s that aren’t prohibitively buggy at launch, tbh. Analogy fail.

Can anyone who has played this and Dragon Age Inquisition compare the two? Thanks!

I suspect they are going to be very different games, in setting, style, mechanics, focus, etc. And right now people don’t have access to the full game to compare.