Pillory Hillary

Is it at all odd that I like Hillary a bit better after reading these articles?

I mean Bill still seems like a slimey scumbucket.

Hillary, on the other hand, was upset at her husband’s betrayals, and considered divorce, while balancing the effect the new life would have on her daughter. She almost sounds like a normal human, reacting in that way.

What a whore!

Wrong Sly. She is not a whore. She is a “self-absorbed, cynical, egomaniacal cunt”.

Get it right next time.

Unflattering yes, but no more so than anyone would appear who had people relentlessly trying to find their dirty laundry for years.

If this is the worst they can get on Hillary, she’s not in a bad position.

They conflate Democrats and liberalism with Hillary because it makes it easy to demonize whole movements with her unlikablility.

Here’s the thing, she’s unlikable. She’s didactic, pandering, calculating, her voice is has a particularly unpleasant mid-western nasal tone (check out the infamous Obama YouTube commercial), the only major intiative she was head of (healthcare) she completely fucked up, the biggest vote of her career (the war vote) she took without looking at the evidence and now refuses to admit she was wrong. Bill’s an irresponsible philanderer who couldn’t keep his hands off a child and then tried to destroy her. Their relationship is a pure power-grasping sham fueled by self-righteous egotism.

Of course the GOP and their minions try to make Hillary as the head of the Democratic party, she is their last best hope of regaining power in the next 15 years.

That being said, these are not Regnery publishing hit piece books, these big publishing houses and the books (I don’t know about the other but Bernstein is not known as a right wing flack) seem to be sourced and researched.

Who’s Hitchcock?

Hitchcock is the guy who fills in for Rush.

Hillary’s worst problems as a political figure are matters of public record. I don’t really give a fuck about her personal life.

If the politics of personal destruction work to keep the Dems from nominating Hillary…yay politics of personal destruction!

child? are you talking about monica lewinski? or someone else?

sounds like a doormat to me, not very presidential to stay, merely concerned with $$$ vs. whats right. Chelsea would’ve been fine regardless, even if hillary was broke. Divorce doesnt mean the kids dont have a dad anymore.

What’s funny about this is that it paints a portrait of someone making decisions based on sound reasoning and thinking things through and trying to make the best of an incredibly awful situation…

…which is exactly what we sort of need in a President right now. If this is the worst dirt that can be tilled on Senator Clinton, compared to the current administration and current crop of Republican oponents, she’s in great fucking shape.

Not to mention, if the reasoning is believed, someone who may have put the sanctity of marriage and the welfare of her family, including her daughter, above her own selfish needs and interests.

Hilarious if any Republicans would attack her on those grounds.

First off, are you a single parent? If not, then you have no idea of the money issues and how important they can be.

Secondly, what is right? Is there some moral law that requires divorce in instances of adultery? I’ve always heard it was grounds for divorce, but not that you had to get one.

Chelsea would’ve been fine regardless, even if hillary was broke. Divorce doesnt mean the kids dont have a dad anymore.

You’d have to be stupid to think divorce doesn’t cause problems for kids.

Why do I even bother posting here anymore?

After everything you’ve said in that EE thread? I dunno.

Hillary is the only reason Guiliani, Romney and McCain have a chance at the Presidency. She has too much baggage going along with her, and these books won’t be the last time it’s all dragged out.

jeffd is completely correct. These books should be held to the highest standard of credibility.

Books that skewer Republicans, however, are 100% fact and should be immediately taken as such.

Dude, you’re awesome. You totally told him!

When the topic is women, dating, relationship, sex, marriage or food, I don’t know why. Any other topics, we haven’t seen the crazy yet so come on out.

You know, I really don’t get the extarbags hate meme, and especially why everyone decides to drag it into every thread he posts on.

So he thinks that most college girls are vapid. … that’s an opinion, and one that a lot of people share, and even in the source thread no-one was arguing that they weren’t.

Dating/relationship wise, fine, mock him all you want for all I care, but at least have a smidgeon of accuracy when you do.

I think it’s not so much hate as unabashed refusal to take seriously. You’re probably right that it should stay restricted to those topics, but /shrug.