Pinball FX 2

Okay, I’m confused about the move from Pinball FX to Pinball FX 2 on the Xbox 360. If I buy Pinball FX 2 (having never bought the original FX), will I get all the original tables in addition to the new ones? Or do I need to buy Pinball FX first, then upgrade to 2?

No, you will not. I believe they offer two packs, each 800MSP, one for the originals (Extreme, Agents, and Speed, and I want to say one other), and another for the new ones (Pasha, Rome, Biolab, and the undersea one). I’m pretty sure you don’t have to buy Pinball FX first, pretty sure you can just buy Pinball FX2 and the content you want. If you already own Pinball FX, however, your original tables are playable and some (at least Extreme, Agents, and Speed) are updated graphically.

Yes, that’s correct. The platform is free, the PFX2 tables (4) are 800 points, and the PFX1 tables (4) are 800 points. DLC from PFX1 is 240 points.

So if you wanted to save 40 points per table on four DLC tables, you could get them for 200 each now and import to PFX2 tomorrow. (Earth Defense, the 5th DLC table, is 240 points on PFX1, so no savings there.)

nsorens, what is the fourth table from the PFX1 pack? It shipped with three (Agents, Extreme, Speed) but DLC included Bucanneer, Nightmare Mansion, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Excalibur, SFIV, and EDF. I’m almost certain it isn’t R&B, SFIV, or EDF – so is it Bucanneer, Nightmare Mansion, or Excalibur? And is it only the original three that get graphical updates or will the fourth one included in that pack get it too?

Oh, also, I’ve been waiting for this update eagerly. Having a pinball platform is awesome. I hope Zen is active in delivering new tables. Now if only the excellent Williams pinball collection tables could come over too!

Buccaneer, a freebie DLC for PFX1, is included with the 3 original PFX1 tables in the PFX1 “Classic Pack” for PFX2.

The PFX2 trailer shows the Nightmare Mansion upgrade, so there are at least 4 tables that get upgrades. Not sure if Buccaneer also got some love.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

P.S.: I noticed you are new posting here – welcome! – are you affiliated with Zen or just super-informed (don’t answer if you don’t want to, of course)?

Yes - as you can see, I signed up a long time ago (and another time years before that, but I forgot the login info), just never posted until now. Long story short, I’ve been lurking here for years.

I work with Zen Studios doing miscellaneous things, mostly game design on upcoming unannounced stuff, and strategic design (e.g., the platform approach for PFX2). I wasn’t really involved with table design and such.

Okay, I think I get it now. Basically, I just need to download FX2, then all the downloadable tables, and I’m golden!

Awesome. I’m really excited about the platform approach and that you guys are bringing forward all of the original tables and DLC. Now if you guys could take over that platform for retro video games, Game Room, I’d be ecstatic!

Achievements (39 for 650GS, hopefully leaving room for future tables) at http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/pinball-fx-2/achievements/. Love the art on them, Zen needs to teach a course on achievement art to some other devs.

I need more of you people on my friends list playing this! The high score list is kind of drag when the only person I’m pwning is Denny, who’s only played each table, like, once.

-Tom

Feel free to add me to your friends list if you want, Tom – I should be playing this quite a bit. My gamer tag is BigWeather.

I’ll most likely pick this up in the immediate future. I’ve been playing the heck out of Zen pinball on the PS3 and hey,who can pass up new tables.

I’m Rakatiel if anybody wants to add me. Same tag in PSN incidentally if anybody is still playing Zen Pinball.

Have I mentioned that I own 4 pinball machines in real life lately? Honestly, I have nothing else of remark to note my sad existence, but regardless, I am all over this title like a fat kid on a cupcake.

I’d love to own some machines but no room, sadly.

The first thing I’m going to do tonight is download this, even before I take off my shoes or hug my children. I’m ready for some high score leaderboard action: Gamertag “Dack Montana”.

I’ve been playing a lot of Pinball HD and Slayer pinball on my iPhone which has gotten me back into the digital pinball mood and now I might be tempted to pick these up as well.

So does that mean you’re the one I pester about getting Tesla for FX 2? :)

Had the exact same thought when I downloaded the game and tables before work this morning. So it’s on now, Chick. Friend request incoming (also to the others in the thread who aren’t already on my list).*

I have the sneaking suspicion that I double paid for Excalibur. It’s listed in the FX 2 downloads twice, once as “table” and once as “full,” with neither marked as a trial. I think one of them might be for FX and the other is for FX 2. Does that make any sense? Any one else come across this?

*Sorry if I request spammed anyone. Sending friend requests through my phone might not have been the best idea.

I’ll be playing this quite a bit if anyone wants another person to compete against.

GT - rowe33