Pinball FX 2

That ain’t cheating :-) Some of the tables even encourage it with audio clips when pulled off successfully.
( I hope I’m not in the minority…eeeshk )

So that’s how all you dirty rotten cheaters get such high scores!*

*i kid, because I’m not nearly good enough to pull that off.

I always thought that manipulating a table without it tilting was part of the skill in real life; I would think that would be carried over to the digital format.

The trouble with the Death Save is that it is forbidden in real life Pinball tournaments (I believe). And seeing a video of someone doing it on Youtube recently, yeah it can’t be good for the table to bump it so hard.

Personally, for a virtual table, I wouldn’t consider it cheating. Like I said, no risk to anyone, and pulling it off feels great.

That’s 100% of what real pinball is. There are no high scores without the ‘almost tilt’ skill.

I’ve got a bunch of tables already. Which of the ones I don’t have (non-blue bar to left of name) are worth getting? I need at least a 50% discount before I’d bite.

I really like the South Park tables (but I like South Park).

I thought 3 of the 4 tables in the Balls of Glory (Fox animated shows) pack were very playable with some interesting mechanics and systems. For whatever reason, I didn’t click with the Archer table.

Did not care for the Deadpool table, but then for .74 what do you want?

I sure have trouble with the balls draining down the side lanes in Portal. The kickback takes me too long to activate. Do I need to learn how to nudge effectively to deal with this? Other than that problem I like Portal a lot.

I’ve never been able to use the nudge successfully to bring the ball back into play.

Well damn it, I was within 10 million or so of Kaylin’s score on Portal with 2 balls left and I failed to beat it. That. Was. Frustrating.

You can do it Rob!! :-)

I think I’m done with Bobba Fett. The score is too high and I just don’t enjoy the table that much. May have to switch focus to your Wolverine score instead…

Happy New Year all!

I ended up beating your 120 million Portal score by getting 160 million, but I probably played that table for 8 -10 hours (or more)! Yes, yes, I get obsessed :-)

Then I won’t be surprised if I see that score fall soon. Good luck and have fun!

I think that is the only reason I keep that high score; it is too frustrating. Before the reset, I had one even higher… like 298 million or something.

I’ve been playing Paranormal a bit the last few days, only to improve my highscore. Amongst my friends, I’m the leader by a mile. And it reminded me of the conversation about nudging in pinball, and this table has one area that really benefits from nudging which is the reverse scoop where Nessie is. If by chance you miss the shot and hit the targets for the sewer monster video mode, you can actually bounce the ball back onto the flipper and have another go at shooting it down the right side of the scoop once more and through the spinny thing (no idea what it’s proper name is). It isn’t a tricky move, the main thing as with anything related to nudging I guess, is to work with the ball’s momentum.

I’ve managed to spread my Pinball FX tables between an Xbox 360, Steam, and PS4 but only have friends to compete against on the 360—I’d love some friend requests on Steam (manresa) and PSN (zovietfrance). I own pretty much everything on at least one system.

Is anyone also playing Pinball Arcade? Did they ever sort their leaderboards?

I just sent a friend request. Let me know if that wasn’t you!

Steam or PSN? I didn’t see either. :(

Steam

Got it, thanks—I also just scored 382,818,782 points on Marvel: Women of Power: Champions. PS4, unfortunately, so none of you will ever see it.