Pinball FX 2

Please don’t catch me… I need this, man. :P

So I played a few rounds of Portal, and found my groove for a bit. Managed to improve my score by 20 million (15 to 35), and move up 7 spots on the leaderboard.

I’m now 10th, and @robc04 has over 160 million.

Crud.

Hey Craig, I only hold the high score by the grace of Thraeg and Kaylin. If either of them decides to make an effort to beat me, my score is toast :-)

Heh, I’m pretty sure there’s a grand total of one (1) table where my score is over 160M (granted, it’s several times over, but still…). Most of the top spots I’ve claimed in the last few weeks have been by targeting the tables where the current record looked reasonably attainable, and the last few days I’ve been repeatedly failing to get much over 100M in Boba Fett to catch Ahollib.

That said, I haven’t even tried Portal yet, but maybe it’s worth a look.

Erm, okay, make that a grand total of two (2) tables… ;)

See! :-)

Well if makes you feel better I just beat @Thraeg at the Portal table with a fraction under 183M. Don’t think I can play that table again for a while.

Wow, that football table is really fun. I got a little over 500 mil on my second play of it! :D

I was more than halfway done with the third “game”, but goofed up at least 2 balls in a row. I had an extra ball or two, so I’m not sure what numbers they were. When the football match got harder for that third game, it actually made it a lot harder for me to make progress, I’m not sure if that’s because I didn’t have as many multiballs or if it was just mental.

Is the football table available again?

Ummmm. was it not? I just played it, so I guess so?

I forgot to post a screenshot, which I guess is obligatory at this point?

It got pulled due to licensing issues. You can only play it if you bought it before it was pulled. I’d like them to put it back, because I want to buy it…

Oh man, I didn’t realize that. That sucks.

Looks like it happened in October 2016, so it’s a really recent development. And now they are working on a non-licensed version of the table so they can re-release.

Dang arrendek! I actually thought I had a shot at getting the high score on that table.

I really, really, dislike soccer, but that is one of my favorite tables to play.

It was a lot of fun. I’ll probably go back to it after I actually read a table guide and figure out what the heck I was supposed to be doing. I figured out some stuff but I still don’t know the obvious things, like, for instance, how to actually defend or put the ball in the “goal scoring area” in the top. I was just having so much fun I decided to keep going.

That’s a nice Portal score you got there. Would be a shame if anything…happened to it.

Nooooooooooo. Oh well, your score will remain, I don’t have the heart to play that table again.

How do you guys stop the ball from going down the outlanes in Portal? I lose the ball to those all the time! Are you guys adept at nudging the table when necessary?

I’m horrible at nudging and am rarely successful. I think I really tried to keep the thing that saves the ball activated as much as I could.

I do that for some other tables but there isn’t an easy way in Portal to keep kickback charged as far as I can tell. Other tables have lanes/orbits (not sure which it would be called or both) that reliably drop the ball in one of the inside lanes that light the kickback, but I think there’s maybe one in Portal?

But maybe I should figure out how to activate ball save though. It must be hard because I’ve rarely had it activated except after locking a ball or launch per usual

Make sure you always do the Sentry Turret mission first ( Number 5 I think ?) Two reasons for doing so:

1. It immediately activates a ball save and throws in a second ball into the mix.

2. The additional table activity from the second ball helps build up the kickback hits on both sides whilst the ballsave is active.

If no save is active and it looks like the ball is about to drain in an outer lane. Hit the nudge LEFT or RIGHT depending on the side. Up or Down nudge won’t save you :-/

I’ve found death saves on this table impossible and the majority of the points are safest gained in the multiball features.
The missions that rely on main table ramp sequences are hella dangerous and annoyingly drawn out.

Best of luck!