Pinball FX3's bewildering new identity crisis

I am not sure if its the best place to post this, so apologies if it is not.

I recently started playing games on the xbox one. Pinball FX3 is the new pinball FX2, and I miss playing Secrets of the Deep. When I installed it, it stated that I could migrate tables from the 360 to the One. The tables did not migrate. I contacted their support team twice since last week, but no auto response or human response yet.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did Zen Studios fix this for you? How long did it take?

Thanks!

Len

I think all my tables transferred over from FX2 to FX3, so I didn’t have that issue. I assume you contacted Zen Studios to fix it? If they’re not responding, maybe contact Xbox Live support team as well and tell them you didn’t receive a response from Zen Studios?

EDIT: One thing that I did differently from you. I installed Pinball FX2 on the Xbox One when it came out for that console, and all my 360 tables transferred over. And then later, FX3 came out, and all my tables transferred over from FX2 to FX3. So maybe try installing Pinball FX2 on the Xbox One, and see if the tables transfer over to that first?

That’s interesting. I wonder if I can uninstall it and try that. It already asked me if I want to link accounts to migrate tables. So, like a sucker who only wanted to pay once for tables, I said yes :)

The real Fish Tales was even specifically designed to make those ramps super consistent & easy to hit. I took just that approach in a pinball match not two weeks ago.

Williams tables are a huge step up for Zen, but most of the virtual pinball cabinet owners still prefer the free versions of the tables on Visual Pinball X. Reason for that lies in the way the latter supports several of the DOF features like analog nudge, analog plunger, rumble motors, knockers, shakers etc. It’s a niche group, but one that is very eager to buy new tables after spending quite a lot of time and money building their pinball machines.

This playlist shows how each four table looks like on Pinball FX3 enhanced and classic modes compared to free versions of the same tables on Visual Pinball X.

Heard back from Zen Studios. They want my purchase history from MS’ site. MS used points back then, so the only “proof” I have are transactions where I bought points.

I am a much more patient man than I ever used to be. But if these tables won’t convert over because MS and Zen can’t help me get any evidence other than photos from my damned machine showing that they were purchased…
Then they can screw off to hell together, and I’m leaving this ecosystem. Again.

I just looked at my own account payment history, and it only goes back to 2010. It doesn’t have anything older than that, so I can’t even tell if all my 360 purchases history can still be accessed. I know I bought most stuff from points as well.

Yeah I thought I’d look at my account history too and I can’t find a thing on 360 and I bought a lot of crap. Wonder if that has been phased out.

It was on MS’ site a few months ago, but the 360 stuff appears to be gone on my account.

I sent Zen Support team photos of the MS store that shows the tables were purchased. I sent them photos of my 360 where it asks if I want to redownload already purchased tables to my 360. I sent them photos of their table screen where it shows in brighter colors the tables I have purchased associated with the account. I have corroborated this photo with the xbox live overlay (you can see the same games, TV, shelf stuff, etc…in both photos.)

Short of blood work, I am not sure what else will convince them. I want to get back into this game, especially since this new “game mode”. The time I spent with Zen and MS support has already outpaced the money I have spent on the tables. I haven’t said “Its a principle thing” in a long time.
But…it is now.

I feel like the Zen implementation is off. Those ramps are not consistent nor easy to hit and they really should be. As much as people are fawning all over them in some places, I think that’s more about it being something new than being something accurate. TPA definitely felt more like the real thing and I could go from their tables to the real one and it seemed consistent. I don’t get that sense from Zen’s stuff.

@Bollox I’ll have to try VP again. It’s been years since I did anything with it.

@Lenkenobi That sucks. I only “owned” the Star Wars tables that were PS Plus giveaways on PlayStation and those transferred right in for me. I haven’t tried to move the stuff I had on Xbox into the new app. I’ll turn on the One sometime and try that. I don’t think we’ve had that on in like four months at least. I’ll get a billion updates.

The ramps were much easier to hit in the beta. I don’t know if they changed something in the full version or not, but I can’t seem to hit them as easily anymore. I had a much easier time in the beta.

What really worries me about the Fish Tales table is Tom’s very low score in arcade mode (on PC).

Tom doesn’t really like Fish Tales. He’s more of a The Getaway guy.

-T

I guess I’m buying that table and seeing what sort of score there is for a plucky, chunky, Canadian kid to beat.

Heard back from Zen Studios. They are restoring all of the missing tables except for the Nightmare Mansion one, which I can still play, they tell me, on my 360. I am relieved, but still mad at MS for their points system back in the day. It caused a lot of grief present day.

Now that I have them restored, I need recommendations.
I only have the basic pack (Secrets, Rome, Pasha) and Paranormal.
What is the absolute next table(s) I need to pick up?

One that isn’t mired in Microsoft’s dumbass online ecology and stranded on their irrelevant hardware platforms?

Either that or Starfighter Assasult. I think you’d appreciate the X-Wings and TIE Fighters battling it out during a capital ship engagement. Alternatively, the Bethesda pack has a really cool Skyrim table in which you level up a character as you play successive matches, and a nifty take on character upgrading in Fallout.

-Tom

Cross-post from the Bargain Thread:

Some Pinball FX3 tables are on sale for the Nintendo Switch. Just the thing for double dippers to get pinball on the go (and to get some other folks on my leaderboard)!

Public service announcement: Do not add JustinFletcher to your Pinball leaderboard, unless you want to be severely humbled and realize you’re no good at Pinball.

Aw shucks. Such kind words, but I’m nowhere near the folks in the QT3 pantheon like Thraeg, Chappers, and arrendek. Those are the folks you need to look out for, not little ol’ me. :)

Gosh, I can never remember who one of those absolutely crushes it. There were days where I felt I did really well and then come back the next day to see they doubled my score.