Pirates MMORPG

So it looks like World of Pirates was released a few days ago. It looks like it has some pretty nifty features, not the least of which is that we’re talkin’ about frickin’ pirates people. Sure, Puzzle Pirates is cool and all, but this seems a little more pure from what I know of it.

The client is free to download once you register and gives 10 hours of play. The full version is 19.90 euros (or about $26 because we suck) and is taken as a one time payment, no monthly fee required, we’ll see how long that lasts.

So that’s 3 noteworthy mmorpg’s from indie developers released over the last year and a half or so, not too shabby. Next up we’ve got the White Knuckle and Flying Rock’s cyberpunk themed Silicon Magus and Adellion, but they’re quite a ways off. And let’s not forget Frontier 1859, but that’s nothing more than a pipe dream at this point from what I can tell.

Adellion is about as real as Atriarch, let’s put it that way.

Don’t get too froggy about Atriarch, I actually saw it running at the Austin show last year. If they ever got a publisher it could probably get whipped into a publishable state fairly quickly.

As for a pirates-themed MMO, these guys have been plugging away for a while now.

I hope that Pirates of the Burning Sea game turns out well. Its the only MMO game that looks even remotely interesting to me.