Pirates!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4409662.stm

I’ve read of attacks before, but never on cruise ships. Nice countermeasures too.

Its Somalia, why it’s in this forum, an area of the world that actually needs a superpower to go in and sort it out, but no one wants to touch with a bargepole.

Cruise ships should come standard with flame throwers along the side of their hull.

I’ve always wanted to see a game based on modern piracy, ideally set in Southeast Asia and possibly with a supernatural element. But that’s just me.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that piracy is more extensive now than it has ever been in the past. Dunno how that’s measured (i.e. relative to total amount of shipping/population, or a percentage thereof). If so, then screw 1650 – the age of pirates is now! Of course, all those Malaysian buccaneers probably don’t say “Arr matey” quite as much.

Actually it looks like pirates are on the verge of extinction

Far Cry 2. I hope.

You capture a patrol boat and have to board several ocean liners to get to the drug/weapon/hostage inbetween island hops and/or hang gliding with hangliders that glide from hangs etc.

Add some cool catch phrase, stir.

Far Cry 2. I hope.

You capture a patrol boat and have to board several ocean liners to get to the drug/weapon/hostage inbetween island hops and/or hang gliding with hangliders that glide from hangs etc.

Add some cool catch phrase, stir.[/quote]

And build your base up and stuff.

It might be because I’m tired but am I not reading this right?

“They were firing the rifle and then fired the rocket launcher twice. One of the rockets certainly hit the ship - it went through the side of the liner into a passenger’s suite. The couple were in there at the time so it was a bit of an unpleasant experience.”

Then it says

“The passengers were mustered in a public room, told what was going on and reassured that we were fighting off the attack,” he said.

"They were shocked but no passengers were injured whatsoever.

I’m guessing it just didn’t explode or something right ?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/africa/11/11/pirate.mothership.reut/index.html

There’s a mothership… This is game plot brought to life.

Now all we need to do is send one of our subs down there to blow the living crap out of it, and boom, you’ve got the next great Summer Blockbuster.