PixARK is the kiddie version of ARK: Survival Evolved

Title PixARK is the kiddie version of ARK: Survival Evolved
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When January 26, 2018

https://youtu.be/Tnt6epYpLAs This is the early access trailer for PixARK, a more kid-friendly voxel interpretation of ARK: Survival Evolved..

Read the full article

That’s pretty awesome but the combat focus makes it less “kiddie” in my house than you might think.

From what standpoint? It’s apparently going to have significant solo play. You can also have characters that wield magic rather than guns. Would roasting dinos with fireballs be more palatable than shooting them with guns (it is for many, not being facetious).

I can’t wait to see more of this in action, despite never having been interested in the original.

Attacking things as a goal is frowned upon by my wife. She’s ok with stuff like Spelunky where killing things largely is to be avoided when possible, but she gets pretty upset when the kids kill stuff in games. Mario is about as violent as she allows for them. They’ve been playing a little Zelda, but I’m pretty sure my wife would freak out if she saw them get into combat in it.

Gotcha. Given how child-friendly this looks, it would be cool if the creative mode they mention had an option to be totally combat free.